1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by ProdigalSon74

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    You should cancel that appointment with dis and schedule one with bliss and hope ;)
    Feb 27, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I know what that’s like, man. Hope things start to get better for ya.
    Feb 27, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    When you get through this, you’ll be strong and wise. So just keep on going, some days that’s all you gotta do to win. From my own days of deep darkness...

“When all seems broken
    Stop and listen to your heart
    It is still beating”
    Feb 27, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    You’re still drawing breath, your lungs fill with hope anew. So when there’s nothing else you can do...just breathe & feel your heart beat. Let them tell you their secrets, rise up and try again. You got this.

Btw I wrote that inside of a psych ward, and here I am now. Those words carried me out of there. If you hold them inside you, they’ll carry you out of anything. They’re yours now too, k? My gift for you.
    Feb 27, 2019
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Feb 27, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    Ty ty. Ofc your play on words was also sublime, quite witty! Excuse me, perhaps I have to do some rescheduling of my own ;)
    Feb 27, 2019
  7. ProdigalSon74
    ProdigalSon74
    Thank you for the gift of wise words @letter. It's actually interesting because recently I thought of how controlled breathing is how we can effectively control our bodies and minds.
    Feb 28, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    Wow! That's amazing @ProdigalSon74!! I don't think these things happen by chance, so don't mind if I go all Yoda on you here.

According to our shared faith, the Holy Spirit was first written as "ruach hakodesh" which roughly translated means Spirit of God. Ruach = Spirit, but it can ALSO be translated as wind, mind...or...

breath
    Feb 28, 2019
  9. letter
    letter
    I encourage you to back to Genesis and read about when God breathed life into us through the nostrils, and meditate on how breath & life & spirit are all so interrelated.

These thoughts you breathe which I spoke upon, @ProdigalSon74, are they not from the wind of the Spirit for you? ;)
    Feb 28, 2019
  10. letter
    letter
    And hey, also, do you mind if I share what happened here in one of my journals? This is like a living, breathing example of something from the navi-streams -- part of something I know of from my many conversations with God, which I now journal here. Just thought it would be so cool to have an example of this in action ^_^
    Feb 28, 2019
  11. ProdigalSon74
    ProdigalSon74
    Be my guest. Let God have his way in this example
    Feb 28, 2019
  12. letter
    letter
    May He bless your socks off with powerful gusts of wind for this ^_^ gonna write it up now.
    Feb 28, 2019
  13. ProdigalSon74
    ProdigalSon74
    I have a question: how does one “meditate” on the Word? Like, I’ve never been clear as to go about that beyond reading it.
    Feb 28, 2019
  14. letter
    letter
    Be like Mary. Ponder these things in your heart. Wonder about how these circumstances are happening and what they mean for you.

If some meditative practices are like emptying the mind, so that one ends up with an empty cup, this kind of meditation is like filling your cup with clean water and depositing your favourite teas in it and seeing what kind of flavour you are making.
    Feb 28, 2019
  15. letter
    letter
    Like, for example, "take up your cross daily"

Hmm...God, what does it mean for me to do that? Am I doing it here? Have I done it well? Does my life reflect this scripture? Whose life does reflect it well? What can I learn from their example? Because Jesus took up the cross with joy, does my anger mean that I am missing something? How did He find faith to do it?
    Feb 28, 2019