1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by hollinger

1. hollinger
    hollinger
    Overall addictions are just escaping mechanism and things you'd rather do than living. I finally feel like I want to live.
    Jun 11, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Same here my friend. Let's give our best.
    Jun 11, 2019
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    It's time to live. :)
    Jun 12, 2019
  4. hollinger
    hollinger
    It's more than that. I long realized that I don't watch videos or engage with the internet for hours because it makes me happy. I watch because it's a distraction from my pain. Like too much tv, exercise, food or shopping, it's an addiction ..and it's an addiction because it's instant "gratification", and a way to forget my pain for awhile.
    Jun 12, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  5. hollinger
    hollinger
    It also supplies me with a virtual "family"...and when you're lonely and don't have any friends, it becomes all too easy to sit on your phone or computer for hours on end.
    Jun 12, 2019
  6. hollinger
    hollinger
    When I'm done, I don't feel happy, satisfied or fulfilled. I know I've wasted my time, and I hate myself for it. So while you've addressed some of these things and are right to some degree, I wanted to say that for me personally, "happiness" isn't why I'm addicted to the internet. I just want to forget who I am.
    Jun 12, 2019
  7. hollinger
    hollinger
    Jun 12, 2019