Comments on Profile Post by +TenPercent

1. Awedouble
    Awedouble
    Remember people are in recovery for a reason, AA may not even be her only fellowship and they may be seriously messed up and mess you up - you don't want to find out how bad it can get
    Jul 25, 2019
  2. +TenPercent
    +TenPercent
    Its a BIG red flag that I need to not casually overlook for sure.
    At least I know that she is working a good program . . . but there is a big risk especially as many people slip away from recovery when they get into relationships.
    I need to also acknowledge the big red flag that I am in recovery and AA is not my only fellowship either.
    In both cases, I would recommend that one "tread carefully".
    Jul 25, 2019
    Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  3. Awedouble
    Awedouble
    Yeah, don't overestimate working a good program - some people have dual diagnosis and with some mental illness issues it gets very complicated and very messy very quickly.
    Jul 25, 2019
  4. +TenPercent
    +TenPercent
    Good point. And I already know that she's on anti-depressants . . .
    Once you fall in love with someone with serious mental health issues it can be hard to extricate oneself from the relationship.
    Jul 26, 2019
  5. +TenPercent
    +TenPercent
    I also read an article about men being sexually and physically abused by their partners.
    My AA crush is very fit and could possibly overpower me. My addict mind wants to have sexual fantasies about that. My inner child thinks she can protect me. But what if the relationship became abusive?!
    Jul 26, 2019