1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. Muphy
    Muphy
    What happened??
    Sep 8, 2019
  2. letter
    letter
    My life has been like a never-ending nightmare.

Whenever something good happens, I wonder how it is going to be used to make me suffer more.

“Oh? You found the heart to dare to love someone again? Look, isn’t she beautiful? Isn’t this magical? Isn’t this everything you ever hoped for and more?

There, I made her leave you for another man. Now, what else makes you happy? Is that your mother over there?” - life
    Sep 9, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    I’ve been fighting this, not letting myself give into despair. Still keeping hope burning in my heart. Still thanking God for everything.

But still. Happiness. It is so hard not to cry whenever it comes close because of all the suffering that is associated with it.

I actually used to be afraid of feeling happy. It terrified me.
    Sep 9, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    There’s a lot more to this. But this is the kind of stuff I’ve had to live with, a darkness so deep that even joy is a tormentor.

I sometimes forget who I’ve had to become because of that. But then I remember. I remember everything.

And as I remember, I burn...no darkness shall I fear. All this suffering, all this sorrow, all this terrible weight of hopelessness...becomes my fuel.

I’m still alive.
    Sep 9, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    Hmm...fire cleans, closes & cauterizes wounds.

Maybe that’s my lesson here? I just needed to stick a red-hot iron into these gaping holes.

I’m feeling surprisingly different right now.
    Sep 9, 2019
  6. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Remember, my dear letter, that happiness is a butterfly we find in the moonlight. c:
    Sep 10, 2019