1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Deleted Account

1. letter
    letter
    Surely your heart is not so little to oxygenate all those gigantic muscles? :3

Sorry I’ve been away. I’ve been busy. Just got a promotion. I wanted to write about it here but then I was carried away with other things.

How are you doing?
    Jun 7, 2020
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I am good. I am doing a lot of reading these days. All old texts, relating to philosophy and life.
    Jun 8, 2020
    White Sheep, letter, boichy and 3 others like this.
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Congratulations on the promotion. :-)
    Jun 8, 2020
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Jun 8, 2020
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    No that's Ilya Ilyin.
    Jun 8, 2020
  6. letter
    letter
    Thanks Muscles. Philosophy eh? Anything stand out to you?
    Jun 14, 2020
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @letter yeah my own stupidity and ignorance
    Jun 15, 2020
    boichy, letter and One Eyed Owl like this.
  8. letter
    letter
    The things we know that we know
    The things we know that we don’t know
    The things we don’t know that we don’t know

How unfathomable the size of that third one eh?
    Jun 15, 2020
  9. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Bruh... Like legit, I do not even have control over my thoughts. The more I read, the more it scares me how little I actually think. The voices in my head are not my own. What could be scarier than that.
    Jun 16, 2020
    One Eyed Owl, boichy and letter like this.
  10. letter
    letter
    Indeed. When you really get down into it and really question things, the fundamental parts of us that we take for granted as being "ours" rest on a shaky foundation.
    Jun 17, 2020
  11. letter
    letter
    But I found philosophy to be a bit funny. If we used a physical metaphor, it's like the object we are measuing is being measured by the object itself. Knowing how faulty our minds can be, isn't it ironic that we try to use our minds to understand our own minds? @.@
    Jun 17, 2020
  12. letter
    letter
    I agree, though, that the notion of our thoughts not being *our* thoughts can be a lot to handle. I know this notion well from my adventures into religion and spirituality.

This notion is why it is written, "Take every thought captive" because a thought at a fundamental level is information and thus is like a piece of code that gets into the operating systems of our minds.
    Jun 17, 2020