1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by aricking

1. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I also finished two books today eh. I still have a lot of books to read, i don't even know what to read now! Never accumulate books that you don't know when you will read them
    Feb 20, 2021
  2. aricking
    aricking
    I have a lot books which i have to read sadly, but before other i have to finish spinoza's ethics then rudolf steiner's philosophy of freedom
    Feb 21, 2021
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Feb 21, 2021
  4. aricking
    aricking
    I didnt start i will after finishing the ethics,i am half way through ethics
    Feb 21, 2021
  5. aricking
    aricking
    What will be better to start with rudolf steiner books- Philosophy of freedom or knowledge of the higher worlds?
    Feb 21, 2021
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Philosophy of freedom because is pure philosophy, then with other books from what i know he start with esoterism, creation of earth, ecc.. Other people said to me after that you should read Theosophy and then Occult science (He have an opera omnia with 600 texts, but only 5-6 are made by him, all the other are texts of his conferences)
    Feb 21, 2021
  7. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I am read some of the texts from his conferences (Myth and mysteries of ancient egypt, the wisdom of the Rosicrucians, About Ahriman incarnation), but i will start theosophy soon. If you want read something of steiner after Philosophy of Freedom you have to be really open minded! I don't say he writed 100% truths but his teachment help a lot. I think you are able!
    Feb 21, 2021
  8. aricking
    aricking
    I heard about philosophy of freedom that it is a book,where you must have to think, it forces you to think.as you said about theosophy, i think Jiddu Krishnamurti also talked about this
    Feb 21, 2021
  9. aricking
    aricking
    It is an act of fool,to be close minded. i know nothing,if i want to gain knowledge i have to be openminded. Once a yogi said- if you know everything then you have belief,if you know you nothing which is the ultimate truth,you will not have beliefs,you will seek for knowledge and truth
    Feb 21, 2021
  10. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    @aricking i just mean many consider Theosophy satanic but it does not have much sense. Everything that is not christianity for them is satanic. i also doubt about New Age and Blavatsky but Steiner was a great thinker. Steiner and Krishnamurti antway both leaved theosophy (despie i know they don't like each other)
    Feb 21, 2021
  11. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    but will be bad to side with one of them, both can give you a lot.
    Feb 21, 2021
  12. aricking
    aricking
    I cant share my opinions on theosophy as i still dont read anything on it,as far as i know rudolf steiner created a philosophy which is known as anthrosophy
    Feb 21, 2021
  13. aricking
    aricking
    Among the Indian thinkers i admire- krishnamurti and osho,osho is very controversial but still i found his opinions helpful and spiritual
    Feb 21, 2021
  14. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Yep here anyway Gandhi and Osho are mostly mainstream.I admire Gandhi because he was Tolstoyan, Osho never read about him. In the world there is this association called Krishna Krishna,litteraly the Jehovah Witnesses of Hind u. but they was realy friendly people and they was all from my region despute they close when i was kid.
    Feb 21, 2021
  15. aricking
    aricking
    Osho actually read about a lot of think,as he studied philosophy,in one of his video he said he studied - Socrates,plato,bertrand russell,tolstoy,dostoyevsky
    Feb 21, 2021
  16. aricking
    aricking
    Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky is influencial among the south asian political leaders back then, Gandhi admired tolstoy on the other hand Bangabandhu(founding father of bangladesh) admired dostoyevsky
    Feb 21, 2021