Comments on Profile Post by AModernMiroku

1. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    In my most recent Success Story post (which I recall you having read), I did in fact mention a timing of extreme urges that reappeared. Their reappearance closely matched between the first 90 days & the second 90 days. And so:
    Aug 12, 2021
  2. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    I am somewhat confident that (somewhat bizarrely for me to say) this same pattern is almost certainly reappearing in my 3 set of 90 Days. I cannot speak for others, but this seems to be so for me.
    Aug 12, 2021
  3. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    A few parting thoughts (sorry for the wave of posts): 1.) If this is the same sort of thing, it is heartening in that it shall pass. 2.) It will be interesting to see if this trend continues for me. I might very well eventually parse through my journal & compile statistics &c.
    Aug 12, 2021
  4. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    No need to apologies at all my friend, happy to hear from you! Interesting, I wonder if something happens hormonally on that 90 day period. A spike of T perhaps, or did you find that you were more stressed during those periods? I have noticed patterns for me as well but in a different way. They've been growing in distance and in level of discomfort.
    Aug 12, 2021
  5. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    At first very minimal things would set off my stress response, anger or sadness which would lead an urge my way. It takes higher levels of these emotions to lead me to have an urge now. I have also noticed random occurrences
    Aug 12, 2021
  6. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    High heat and humidity has triggered those random occurrences, so it would a remedied that discomfort in the past with PMO. I agree with you, it is deeply comforting to know that these periods will pass. As we carry on along our journey we can better prepare for their occurrence.
    Aug 12, 2021
  7. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    I would have to make a deeper analysis. In general, I, too, have noticed healing. It takes a lot more to throw me off. This week has been difficult for some obvious reasons (the journal entry had referenced seeing an attractive person--& of course, the gym discussion did not help). Yet, I think it has been a bit more random--if random can be used here appropriately.
    Aug 12, 2021
  8. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    In short, I must not give up, & the healing has been real (if I look back years ago, it is quite startling). Sometimes it simply does not look like it in the present moment--especially amidst trials that seem so petty, old, &c. Anyway, I hope you have had better days of late.
    Aug 12, 2021
  9. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    Yes, we must hold strong. PMO is never worth it. It is far too easy to overlook the progress we have made when a trial presents itself. In fact, you've given me an idea. I will write down everything that I could not do and can do now. I'll use that as a reference on the more challenging days. Thank you for the wishes friend, I hope the same for you. I will keep you posted on any interesting turn of events.
    Aug 12, 2021
  10. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    Also, seeing Inuyasha and Miroku on your profile picture is nostalgic. I miss those days!
    Aug 12, 2021
  11. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    Yes, they do not hold any of the merit of Middle-Earth (I am a fan of much of that--mainly the written works)...but they do hold a place in the warmth of nostalgia. Quite a thing, it is, nostalgia? But there is more to that choice than meets the eye; I wrote about it some time ago in my journal, if you are curious.
    Aug 12, 2021
  12. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    Two different realms, each carrying their own interesting stories. Your posts intrigue me and provide a lot of insight and knowledge for the people on this forum. I'll gladly give it a read, tomorrow! Be well friend, I'll be off for tonight.
    Aug 12, 2021
  13. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    Wise! I ought to be off as well. Perhaps you might also explain your name & Avatar? Unless you have already done so elsewhere?
    Aug 12, 2021
  14. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    Well, the name I chose is what I aspire to do. I need to redeem myself for all the damage I have caused myself and others over the last 3, now almost 4 years. PMO addiction and overall mindless internet addiction, put a strain on my mental health and started affecting me physically. I understand now that I need face my demons. I do so by going through PAWs(Post-Acute Withdrawal)
    Aug 13, 2021
  15. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    It has not been pleasant by any means and I'm still not recovered yet, it can be up to 2 years but I'm hopeful at the year marker I will be much better off.
    This is my path, the suffering will bring me growth. When I pull through, I will be a changed man forever. For the better.
    Aug 13, 2021
  16. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    As for my Avatar, Aragorn redeemed his bloodline by not falling victim to the Ring of Power as his ancestor Isildur did. He committed his life to training himself, mind and body, overcoming and facing the obstacles before him. This in term, made him worthy to wear the crown and become King. And I like my specific avatar of him, because he is pondering on his next move. Hopefully this wasn't too pretentious, haha.
    Aug 13, 2021
  17. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    What about you, what made you choose your Avatar and username?
    Aug 13, 2021
    Indian Youth and _Rasha_ like this.
  18. Redemptionisrequired
    Redemptionisrequired
    With regards to your post on nostalgia, I think I found it. Where you left your place of employment around day 65? It's interesting, the way nostalgia presents itself in certain cases, as if a temptation to remain in place or in the past. This, as opposed to moving forward. I've noticed nostalgic memories would appear when I would go through discomfort, not helpful to the situation at hand.
    Aug 13, 2021
  19. AModernMiroku
    AModernMiroku
    I would have to review my own journal for that (when I left). I know it was a bit after the point you reference. I certainly write about it.
    Aug 13, 2021