1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by We CAN Do This!

1. truthseeker17
    truthseeker17
    Don't be angry with yourself after the relapse bro .. it will even drive you away more.

Shit happens ... thats life it's a struggle where we fall but the best of us never stop standing up
    Dec 5, 2017
    vxlccm, MLMVSS, Beamer and 3 others like this.
  2. Happy Gnome
    Happy Gnome
    Whenever I relapse a lot, I recognize after a while that I am fighting it too hard. Don't fight. Just let it be. Let it be without doing anything. That's how it loses its power. Fighting it only gives it more power.
    Dec 5, 2017
    vxlccm, MLMVSS, Beamer and 1 other person like this.
  3. We CAN Do This!
    We CAN Do This!
    So how do I let it be? I mean, I can’t let my guard down right?
    Dec 5, 2017
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I am sorry you relapsed man. Is there anything I can do? I know you can do this!

It's not about letting your guard down, it's more about ignore it. Distract yourself, don't try to think much about it. I know it's hard, but sometimes it's only way you can do it. I am struggling with this as well. But power through, I believe in you!
    Dec 5, 2017
    vxlccm, MLMVSS, Beamer and 2 others like this.
  5. We CAN Do This!
    We CAN Do This!
    Thanks, I’ll do my best to distract myself!
    Dec 6, 2017
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    "Don't fight"? Well, good luck with that, lol! :rolleyes:
    Is that what a nicotine, heroin or alcohol addict has to do? No!!!
    I say FIGHT!!! It takes balls, but do not just let it be without doing anything.
    I will back you. Be a fucking bad ass!!!
    Dec 6, 2017
    vxlccm, Beamer and We CAN Do This! like this.
  7. Happy Gnome
    Happy Gnome
    No, don't let your guard down. But don't give it the power or importance of being an enemy. That makes it stronger. Just let your urges pass as you would watch clouds drift across the sky. It is not important, you don't have to do anything about it, it just is, don't get involved with it.
    Dec 6, 2017
  8. Happy Gnome
    Happy Gnome
    I'm sorry if this is all very confusing, perhaps I'm not very good at describing this sort of attitude between enmity and acceptance... but personally, I have found adopting such an attitude to be the impetus behind all my rebooting successes.
    Dec 6, 2017
  9. We CAN Do This!
    We CAN Do This!
    Thanks for the advice guys! Matthewmammothrept, I get what you mean bro ;)
    Dec 6, 2017
    vxlccm, MLMVSS and Beamer like this.
  10. MLMVSS
    MLMVSS
    If I focus too much on not relapsing, then I fail. So I can relate to Matthew in that regard.
    Dec 6, 2017
  11. MLMVSS
    MLMVSS
    Instead you should just preoccupy yourself for the first few days/weeks
    Dec 6, 2017
  12. MLMVSS
    MLMVSS
    And realise what’s triggering you! Whether it’s boredom, curiosity, stress, etc. and try to have a plan to deal with those when needed.
    Dec 6, 2017