1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

★Your motto. Your favorite phrase.★

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DAIKICHI, Sep 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Yes, basically that's what it means. Don Rickles was an insult comic, and this was only one of the things he used to yell at people. He's hilarious.

DAIKICHI likes this.
  2. "IF YOU CAN TAKE IT, YOU CAN MAKE IT."

It's sweet and simple. I mutter this under my breath every time my anxiety kicks in but I have to do something important.

Clean Plate and DAIKICHI like this.
  3. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

I see. In short,,, it’ a cool joke!

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Yes! It’s a simple and good! :)
    Is it similar to “If you have enthusiasm, you can succeed in anything.”? I learned this by heart before.

5. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I apologize, my phrase doesn’t really mean anything or to be taken seriously. Its just a popular quote in a Star Trek show. So I will leave you with this one instead. It’s a quote from a book called The Sword of Truth. It isn’t really my motto but it’s still a good thing to aim for.

"Oh, but how I do love it when men I respect marry smart women. Nothing marks a man's character better than his attraction to intelligence."

DAIKICHI likes this.
  6. Something like that, but it's more like "I'm about to take on something extremely terrible. This will definitely be disheartening and this will definitely instill tremendous fear within me because I have probably never done something like this before or I'm not prepared to take on this task, but I know that if I'm alive afterwards, then I have become much, much stronger and this means I am slightly less fearful than before I put myself through it."

Sorry, that was long and winded, but it's a phrase that has gotten me through some seriously bad situations by myself with no outside help.

DAIKICHI likes this.
  7. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Thank you for your kindness!

8. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Thank you!
    Your explanation is easy to understand.:)
    If I have a chance, I would like to use this phrase.
    “IF YOU CAN TAKE IT, YOU CAN MAKE IT!”

9. The Decision

The Decision New Fapstronaut

If it’s for the best
    It’ll manifest

DAIKICHI likes this.
  10. Physician, heal thyself - medice, cure te ipsum: it's a Latin proverb (goes back to Greek times I think), and like Latin it can carry various meanings. Imagine a sick doctor, who wants to give you a prescription. He says what you should do, but he doesn't seem trustful, because he's sick too. It's like saying 'do something with yourself first, before telling me what to do'. It can go deeper, but that's the gist of it.

I also like saying jokingly 'dura lex sed lex' ('tough law but still a law') when there're harsh, but logical rules I have to follow. I also like 'o tempora! o mores!' also used jokingly to say 'what (crazy/stupid/funny) times! what (crazy/stupid/funny) morals nowadays!'

They depend on context.

DAIKICHI likes this.
  11. davem7

davem7 Fapstronaut

we are into same boat.

DAIKICHI likes this.
  12. Mine...
    It's from a Queen song...

LIFE STILL GOES ON...

Moon Shot and DAIKICHI like this.
  13. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Thank you!
    First, when I read this phrase, I think this phrase is not cool. Because it is used political word in Japan, so I looked it up in the dictionary and I found that manifest has meaning like apparent and clear. At last I understand a little the meaning this phrase has. Certainly, this is cool!

The Decision likes this.
  14. The Decision

The Decision New Fapstronaut

Didn’t know manifest was a political word in Japan. The more you know*

DAIKICHI likes this.
  15. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

I feel understand!
    For example, if new fapstoronaut who accomplish 1 day of no PMO say “ haha, NoFap is very easy! Doing no PMO has no meaning! Hi, everyone should not try to no PMO. It’s painful only!”, everyone think “You try only 1 day. Why can you understand no PMO has no benefits? If you want to say advice for someone, you should try only 1 week or month!”
    If fapstoronaut who accomplish over 1 month like you say “I feel better through doing no PMO, you should try doing no PMO too”, everyone agree with him or her.
    Is my understanding is right?
    And thank you for telling me another phrase you like!

16. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Oh! I feel this is very romantic! It’s cool! We have to help each other!:)

17. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

There are some Wasei Eigo, which it is mean made-in-Japan English.

18. DAIKICHI

DAIKICHI Fapstronaut

Thank you for your comment!
    It seems the older we get, the deadly this phrase has meaning.:)

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Agree with you on this... Too true!

DAIKICHI likes this.