1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30+ day and I feel awesome

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by BananaTamer, May 10, 2017.

1. BananaTamer

BananaTamer Fapstronaut

So, Im in this for at least a year. I were pretty shy, had very narrow circle of friends which didn't include girls. They were my high school buddies. I'm almost 23 btw. Most of the time we smoked pot or played Dota 2.
    My first long streak was ~20 days, but I couldn't see any improvements at that time. Maybe because of the lack of consciousness or the fact that I haven't tried to meet new people.
    This time begun when I was lying on the sofa after relapsing, probably stoned,thing about my life. I was thinking that I had to change my environment and routine. And I had a good chance to do so. My grand grandmother had passed away couple month ago. She lived in another town and left us a cool old house. So I moved. I think it was a mistake to take weed with me because it made me scared to go outside and first week and I kept relapsing. In a week of waking-baking my supplies ran out and I had a chance to rethink my goals. This time I've decided to commit. It was also a good time to comeback to my hometown. It was very useful for starting a new streak. When I came back to my grandma's house I was on 3 or 4 days I think.
    After a week things started to get interesting. I went skating and met 2 guys with a skateboard. When we shook hands one of them made a surfer sing. We talked and laughed a lot. In an hour we were smoking weed at his place with 2 more guys and a cute girl. I were feeling more relaxed than 0 days me, but still not comfortable. I've asked this girl a couple of questions and that's it.
    Recently things started to get really good. I feel much more open than usual. It seems like I can share almost everything about myself. I was approaching girls in the street. I gained confidence to do what I think I am good at and what comes easy to me - teaching English. I've posted an add online and got a cool job offer. An English teacher in summer camp which is located on the sea shore. Sick. Tomorrow is my interview. Wish me luck :)
    I've also been on a date today. A first one in like 8 years. It was very good. I liked the girl a lot. We kissed. I think we went pretty deep for the first date. Haha. Can't stop thinking about her. :)
    It's time to go to bed but I'm so exited I probably won't be able to.

Things that I think helped me the most:
    Meeting new people. I would suggest attending some sport club or art lessons or whatever you like. As for me skating really helped. It also kept me busy. Meditation also helped. It made urges more apparent. And maybe increased my will power. I'm doing it lying down in the bed before going to sleep. I thinks it's great way to begin practicing it. Also a big one - changing my environment. I think it helped me the most.

Hope to receive some comments from you guys.
    Good luck to you and me!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. jipsikid

jipsikid Fapstronaut

How are you holding up? Did you get the job?

Maddey likes this.
  3. jack barnard

jack barnard Fapstronaut

4. BananaTamer

BananaTamer Fapstronaut

Well... I fucked up couple weeks ago, and couldn't start a streak since.
    As for the job I got it and it was a very good experience. Had a lot of fun with the kids, even though I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle them. Met a few cool people. My roommate was a great guy. He is into meditation and the self development thing too. Tried to hit on a cutie, made some mistakes and didn't get her though. Got a waiter job offer at the restaurant near the sea.

5. BananaTamer

BananaTamer Fapstronaut

It went reaaaaally great ...until I relapsed. Kinda mad on myself. Contemplating what to do next. Thinking to take this waiter job offer to get away from parent's support to extract myself from comfort, free time and boredom.

6. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

No Offense But Weed/Pot? You Not planning to quit those? They will ruin your life eventually

7. BananaTamer

BananaTamer Fapstronaut

Yes, Im thinking about it. I tried to quit it several times. But eventually Im like "Ill just do it this one time", and then Im thinking "well it was great, I should smoke every day" and then I relapse. So you are probably right. I need to go on NoPuf too

Maddey likes this.
  8. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

Glad To Hear It! Try TO join a recovery group and take medical advice.My friend was Junkie like a next level one and he started his journey to quit 5 years ago And Now He Is 3 years clean.If your addiction gets chronic,i don't mean to scare you but withdrawals are scary to death. I have seen him break things,cry out and try to eat his own flesh when he was quitting.

9. BananaTamer

BananaTamer Fapstronaut

A
    Well, weed is kinda different. You get hungry too, but not for yourself. There is also a feeling that everything is cool, so you don't have to work on your life situation. So people tend to get lazy and when there is "nothing to do" there is this one thing... ;)

Xhiddy likes this.
  10. Uncomfortably Numb

Uncomfortably Numb Fapstronaut

I am scrolling through Success posts from those who are at a similar stage to me... just to add my congratulations and support