1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 day shorts and t-shirt morning run challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Happy Gnome, Nov 1, 2017.

1. So in the northern hempisphere, it's getting cold. And that means, for people who enthusiastically follow the wisdom of people like Wim Hof... now is the best time to practice cold exposure. A daily cold exposure routine will invigorate you, strengthen your immune system, sharpen your mind and, if you have trouble waking up in the morning, a morning run in the frigid cold is a much better way to wake yourself up than any sort of coffee you could drink.

So, that being said, I am challenging myself, and all of you as well, to take on the 30 day shorts and t-shirt morning run challenge. That means that, instead of getting bundled up in a winter jacker, putting on your sweats, and wearing gloves and hats... you will go out into the cold in nothing but a t-shirt, shorts and shoes. If you want to get more extreme, you can dispense with the shirt, if you are a guy, or wear just a sports bra, if you are a gal. For 30 days. Let the exercise warm you up, not your clothing.

Of course you need to be smart about this. Might want to take some gloves with you in case your hands start getting numb. And if you aren't used to running in the cold, you should only run a short distance from your home before turning back. Don't give yourself frostbite, please. Also, don't try to run in icy conditions. If there is ice on your path in the morning... stay home.

For extra points, you can end your cold morning run with an equaly cold shower!

So who's with me? Who wants to take up the cold morning run challenge!

Please note: if you take up this challenge, you do so at your own risk. I disclaim any responsibility for frozen limbs, hypothermia, or any health conditions resulting from extreme exposure to the cold. I also disclaim any responsbility for broken limbs, fractures or any other health conditions resulting from trying to run in icy conditions. Be smart, listen to your body, don't push it beyond its limits.

Runners:
    @matthewmammothrept

2. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I did this earlier this year. Not sure if I had a 30 day streak but maybe, did it for consecutive weeks at least. Got up at 5:30 and ran between 2 and 3 miles each day. I don't think it was as cold then though.

I would have to start going to bed a lot earlier and getting up a lot earlier, but I think this would really be good for me. I'm going to do it tomorrow. Will post here and reflect on how it goes.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I did it today. Wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Was really hard to get up earlier and go run but I'm glad I did. Will try for the whole month.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Summer here only lasts a few days. I can still technically do it too. :)

Mankrik likes this.
  5. Y'know what? I'm going for it. It'll be good for me.

Mankrik likes this.
  6. I'm on for the running part, but as the temperature was -4°C (25°F) this morning and tomorrow it's gonna get down to -10°C (14°F), I'm gonna wear at least running jacket and double-spandex at the bottom. And a hat. And warm mittens. :emoji_snowflake::emoji_snowflake::emoji_snowflake:

Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Three days in and feeling great. I'm sure this is going to get hard without rest days but I'll get used to it. I'm usually running about 2.5 miles. It hasn't been cold at all yet. I love this challenge thank you so much for making this thread because I never would have done it otherwise. It's not just about the physical improvements, but also about self discipline and will power. I'm going the 30 days and will post before and after photos at the end of the month.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Day 13 today still at it.

9. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This thread was not forgotten. It's December 1st today and I attempted this challenge at the beginning of November. Some days were freezing and other days were fine. It was difficult but also enjoyable. I only did 25/30 days because of the holiday and scheduling issues (bad excuses) but I did my best. I ran 2.5 miles each day. I look and feel a little better, but I think most of the benefits are mental. It has helped me get back on track with nofap. Only one week under my belt today but I'm determined to make it to 2018.

I'm having issues uploading my before and after pictures but I have them and I will post them here asap.

10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut