1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

54 yr old, this isnt my first rodeo but want to share my journey...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mrplayfulman, Jan 2, 2016.

1. mrplayfulman

mrplayfulman New Fapstronaut

I am 54 and in reasonably good shape...hold 2 jobs...have 3 kids...(half time, finishing a divorce also after 1.5 yr separation)

So here's the deal...I've tried these methods before...within a few years of joining 12 step for cocaine and staying clean...I read through Taoist tantric writings (Mantak Chia) and abstained from M and O but not always P (they recommend what you folks would call Edging--but not with P...just to train the male to be strong sexually and last a long time).

I dressed better, I felt extreme charisma...I had a few women fighting over me...and I attribute that to the semen retention process I was going through.
    However I did experience at that time a sense of having too much body heat...

Ok, cut to about 28 years later...another addiction--(outside of the lifelong P addiction)
    painkillers. Really screwed me up for about 4 years. Divorce happened, had to look at myself or go mad--went back to 12 step--got clean--and it was VERY hard.

Within first 3-6 months, challenged myself to not have O but could still do MP. My charisma increased, confidence increased, emotions (mostly elation and confidence) increased. Started dating a bit--didnt want to be SERIOUS with anyone...married 10 years, just divorced. So I was honest BEFORE sleeping with them, and that usually put the potential sex in the trash can. Women in 40's seem to want serious stuff or I'm meeting the wrong ones. (or my PMO makes me want to be with lots of women and not be serious but I have had a real fear of being with the wrong woman for another lifetime again).

Anyway this lasted about 3-5 months. Then fell off again.

In recovery, I've held on to MPO because it felt like my ONE reward (I was on a very clean eating program so cannot pig out to escape feelings) , MPO was where I could feel validated, in charge, blissful O and go to sleep at night. Now, 1.5 years into retread recovery off drugs...wanting to date again and ask women out with confidence, realizing I'm dragging daily, also realizing I have ADD (which I'm hoping will be helped by the Reboot-though I'm taking adderoll for it now in a VERY small dose 2.5 mg in am, 2.5 mg at night).
    Also taking Finastaride to avoid hair loss in general (Propecia).

So long story short, I'm on DAY 4 and I'm noticing what I noticed previously.
    My emotions are stronger. I feel waves of emotion flow up and down my body--like I was listening to some music on Pandora and I felt waves of joy...but also during sad songs, wave of sadness...I also felt very emotional when thinking of my family...usually something I dont feel very much--was actually moved to tears tonight when emailing a family member to express gratitude for something she did for another relative.

Symptoms I think MAY be related to PMO up until I started the REBOOt:
    Fatigue
    Really tired looking face, eyes
    Lack of confidence
    anxiety
    Lots of anxiety in thoughts of approaching women (which I now think was partially because I dont have any ENERGY to truly give them after 2 hours sessions every night to 1:30am to 2am doing PMO).

Curious if other men feel more emotions within the first week. If others experience a boost in charisma, confidence (not from the moralistic conquering of desire but from just the increase in body and emotional energy)...

Love to hear from all and especially men who are over 40 because I'd like to compare notes on aging,dating and the practice of Reboot...