1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

6 days in, going great, need advice..badly

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Red4321, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Red4321

Red4321 New Fapstronaut

I'm totally new to this, 21 years old. So few weeks ago I tried NoFap, but after 4 days, I was back, then from then I haven't done it and will keep going this time for sure, because I have noticed very drastic changes in confidence, but where advice comes in the title is that I still don't have enough confidence. Do I need more time with NoFap?

The reason I say this is because I am a university second year Software Engineer student, and girls are left and right over there, but I just don't have the confidence to make a move towards them, I have good grades, arguably best in the course, averaging 92%, I'm athletic, good looking, I have lots of girls looking at me, but I am just sooooo shy, I have been like this my whole life, and haven't done progress on that, when it comes to girls, I just become a chicken.... normally I take the leadership role in projects and in classes but when it comes to talking to a girl I haven't talked to before is sooo uncomfortable, I know that im not a total pussy, I was the captain of the football team at my college. I have lots of good things going on for me but I'm just "scared" of girls. The weird thing is after the initial talk, I will be super comfortable with a girl to talk to, but getting over that first 5 min of the convo and of course starting it is what is crazy difficult for me.

Now some of you might just say, man the hell up and get on with it, but that's not really any useful to me.

Also will add, I have never had a girlfriend before and I am a virgin....yeaaaa

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  2. @Red4321 ,

Hi and Welcome to NoFap.

I don't give advice, just my experience, strength and hope.

Being socially shy is a problem I have as well. Really, I'm very good at interacting with people. Can talk to people for hours. But, it's a learned skill, I never really let them "in".

By that I mean, I've learned to keep the conversation on them. Keep asking questions, adding only tiny bits of information about myself - never enough for them to really get to know me.

pmo made sex so easy. I didn't need to connect in real life - and I didn't.

My hope is that doing no pmo will give me back normal and healthy sex life.

I can't even think of a 90 day challenge without becoming convinced I'll fail. So, I don't. I'm taking it one day at a time. I didn't pmo today and I don't plan on pmo tomorrow.

If you haven't read it yet, download the "Getting Started with NoFap" guide. It's a great explanation of almost every symptom I was having with pmo.

Share with us how you are doing,

L

vxlccm and jeffnofapp like this.
  3. Your shyness appears to be something you have always had rather than a result of Fapping. However constant PMO can make it worse.

If you're smart, athletic and good looking you've hit the jackpot. That's pretty much the perfect trifecta for attracting women in college.

Relax and start small. "Hi. My name is John. What's your major" is pretty much all you need to start a conversation with a girl in college (it worked for me literally a hundred times).

Let them do most of the talking if you get nervous. Ask them questions, give them your full attention. And remind yourself to relax.

4. Red4321

Red4321 New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. Good points. Ok, I might have the trifecta, but what I actually sometimes experience, when a girl looks at me, interested from far away when I am walking for example, at first she seems interested, almost smiling, then after few seconds, she turns her head away, almost of disappointment, because when a girl looks at me, I get shy most of the time and that shows on my face, and possibly body language which switches them off, its not attractive to girls of course, they want confident guys. So having the trifecta is not enough, you may be the best looking but I think if you don't have the confidence its a big let down.

Its actually a very big issue for me, it has really been pulling me back.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  5. Red4321

Red4321 New Fapstronaut

And yes for sure its from my childhood, I'm doing noFap to try to help with the problem.

6. Practice. I use to be pretty shy as well.

vxlccm likes this.
  7. Red4321

Red4321 New Fapstronaut

What did you do to make it better, why do you mean by practise, how do I practise? Anything will help me at this point lol.

8. Never be ashamed of your virginity. Sex is a highly intimate act meant to occur between a man and his wife. My favourite go-to advice in this area is that nofap will provide some level of objectivity as you make the decision about which girl you choose to approach. The key to confidence is being somewhat non-outcome dependent. I do not mean to say that you should get all cocky and act the jerk as many guys do as an overcompensation for their insecurities. What I mean is to be comfortable and confident in being YOU. We all have faults and good qualities. I for one grew up being fed the notion that the aim of dating was to hide as much bad things about yourself as possible. But this is a very short-term strategy employed by those whose aim is to sleep around (and sleep with a girl as fast as possible) and eventually HOPE they meet the right girl. Bad tactics. Be yourself and be comfortable. In this way you don't have to spend months trying to introduce the girl you like to the REAL YOU after the initial dating fire has waned. So the key to confidence is to be openly engaging (but not focussed on the possibility of rejection). Approach a girl as a friend first... keeping in mind that even some of the most attractive women have personalities you would just rather not be around. Hope my rambling helped you. God bless.

9. grandstand 1

grandstand 1 Fapstronaut

Good luck! You sound like a great guy. Relax and take baby steps. What is the worse thing a girl could say? No rush. You have a vet promising life ahead!