1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A beautiful quote from a book I started reading

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Scarab Beetle, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Scarab Beetle

Scarab Beetle Fapstronaut

So, i just started reading "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo from today and I can't help but quote a beautiful sentence from the 1st part which I believe can motivate us to fight our inner demons to finally conquer it and not to be too hard on ourselves if we reset our streaks from time to time, ultimately we will win. So here goes-

"The flesh is at once man's burden and temptation. He bears it and yields to it. He must keep watch over it and restrain it, and obey it only in the last resort. Such obedience may be a fault, but it is a venial fault. It is a fall, but a fall onto the knees which may end in prayer. To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule. Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright. To sin as little as possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is the dream for angels. All earthly things are subject to sins; it is like the force of gravity."

I hope it helps everyone one of us, there is so much in this sentence which explains our addiction and even though we yield to it sometimes, if we realize our temptations and make the effort to resist them, we'll win for sure.

Josh Black Koira likes this.
  2. sagia

sagia Fapstronaut

Divinity is found where you least expect it!

Scarab Beetle likes this.