1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Addiction transference - now its food

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jerky, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I dont know if this is the right area to post this, however:

I am fighting urges to overeat now that i have been abstinent from PMO. As soon as i am met with a stressful scenario, my thoughts go straight to eating.

Has anyone else experienced this and is what can be done.

Any help is appreciated.

GottaBFree and 220woof671 like this.
  2. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

1st off -- CONGRATULATIONS ON 19 DAYS OF SELF-DISCIPLINE & SUCCESS :)

Sounds like you are having a normal response.
    Many humans get comfort & enjoyment from food.
    Don't worry about it.
    So, try to have normal meal times; and eat foods you enjoy -- that are healthy too.

Then you will have the energy to ……. work out … and sleep really well.
    (Athletes get the most REM [rapid eye movement; deepest] sleep.

So you are doing good --no problems.

Keep up the great work !

Skim thru these Tips to see if any appeal to you:
    "16 Simple Ways to Relieve Stress and Anxiety"
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/16-ways-relieve-stress-anxiety

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Jerky likes this.
  3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

If you dig deep enough, you may find that it's not about the particular behavior but the same underlying tendency driving all of them - the eating thing may have been there but just within socially acceptable limits before but now it's just gone a bit beyond that. This is why I have misgivings about the pattern of issue-specific fellowships especially if they just say go with the most severe issue. That view never considers there's something deeper driving all of it.

It's been said the fundamental addiction is the self. Interestingly enough, that's the very thing that has to be changed. You can continually change and curb your behavior but it'll just kind of be a game of musical chairs. Changing the self means removing the chairs or even the floor they are sitting on, depending on how far one goes.

Jerky likes this.