1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on intermittent fasting?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 28, 2021.

1. So I am on the challenge of "dopamine detox", so no music games and so forth. I think this is going to help me.

However, some also recommend me to do fasting since I don't have a lot of energy during the period when I wake up They and I also think this will help with discipline and motivation.

So like in the morning, only start to eat and drink after 12, with afther that a time span of like 6 to 8 hours where I am allowed to drink and eat.

Any thoughts of this? did some of u dudes tried this out, and if so, what was the result of it?

Bob8 likes this.
  2. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

I'm doing 7 days atm.

Rather ambitious ... it.will definitely be tough... intermittent is probably more realistic but that's how I roll hit hard first and see we're I'm at.

I've done 7 days before it is tough but I can surely say the dopamine detox feels great at about day 3-4 onwards

Once you get past the initial cravings and pangs.....

Intermittent fasting is more sustainable. But be aware doing NoFap and fasting at the same.time one or.the other urges will want to crop up because of the lack of stimulus your used to ......

Fight on through it and you will come out the other side far stronger.

Fasting is a great way to teach discipline detox the body and mind and lose weight and better for your longterm health. Because insulin levels aren't constantly spiked .... there is less inflammation less disease etc and health issues later in life

3. Bob8

Bob8 Fapstronaut

4. Matthew 2

Matthew 2 Fapstronaut

Fasting is simply incredible. I'd say start with skipping breakfast and eating at 12 as you stated. Drink black coffee as it stunts the appetite. I'm telling you, you'll have a lot of energy. Also fasting in general is a great way to deny yourself, its a great way to feel hunger "pangs" and not give into them, its a teacher and compliment to nofap as one can feel the "urge" and not act on it. When you get comfortable with skipping breakfast then push your fast back to 3 in the afternoon and try that out. Eventually your body will get used to it. I got an amazing six pack doing, I also workout a lot but the intermittent fasting only made it easier. Highly recommend it, its a spiritual practice for a reason as it teaches one to be able to deny the flesh as well as develop humility. I've noticed I am a lot more sensitive to how I treat others when on a fast.

5. Retentionman

Retentionman Fapstronaut

Yeah I don't eat breakfast either. Around 16hrs fast every day. Even if you don't experience any benefits you save time. But overall giving your system enough rest will always be great for you

2Rewire4Life likes this.
  6. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I heard Rhonda Patrick on Joe Rogan podcast say that having coffee is not as good as only water because your liver has to process it and it kicks off some enzymes which mess with the fasting benefits. I've tried intermittent fasting for a few months but I love coffee in the morning too much. So then I would skip dinner but it's the most social meal of the day so that didn't work for me. I live with someone who fasts for ten days straight a year but it looks brutal.

Matthew 2 and 2Rewire4Life like this.
  7. That is a geest comment thanks you. U have inspired me. I Ali Gear that it reduces urges, improves motivation and disclipne becuae u are denying food until 12

8. It is. I ofent only eat a lot when the Day is goign to top. I eat a lot of food than. In the morninostly some Bread and whater . I wat tto stop coffeïne so ingave more energy fasting Also helps wit that

9. Yeah no sugar no ceffeine dopamine detox. Nofap fasting. The cravings are hard bit it is all wprth it

10. So only drink whater ? Cutted out sugars so no Sodas for me. And whater is better

11. Bob8

Bob8 Fapstronaut

Just water, no coffee, no tea, no juice, no soda, no vitamins, just water! :)

2Rewire4Life and Matthew 2 like this.
  12. Matthew 2

Matthew 2 Fapstronaut

I'd say try it both out, try black coffee, and maybe try a day with just water and experiment with it. Again black coffee won't break a fast and it's an appetite suppressant, caffeine also speeds up fat mobilization. However, I have tried just water and I like that as well. Just experiment and see which one you like better.

Bob8 likes this.
  13. Matthew 2

Matthew 2 Fapstronaut

Here is a quote on St Agustine on fasting "Fasting cleanses the soul, raises the mind, subjects one’s flesh to the spirit, renders the heart contrite and humble, scatters the clouds of concupiscence, quenches the fire of lust, and kindles the true light of chastity."
    The times I've fasted it took every craving to PMO away. Monks eat once a day for a reason.

2Rewire4Life and Bob8 like this.
  14. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Why no vitamins .... usually if I am on a fast 5-7+ days I'll take electrolytes and vitamins stops your body becoming nutrient deficient and low electrolytes .. electrolytes makes longer fasting more comfortable

15. if it removes graving i am going 100000% for fasting!

Matthew 2 likes this.
  16. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

You got six pack abs from fasting? Nice. I am trying to lean down as well, trying to get dow to 70 kilos like Brad Pitt in Fight Club.