1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on this girl I met

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Hi all :)

Yesterday I was at a party and this girl was looking at me loads. Soon we got into a great conversation and we got on really well, she smiled a lot at me too. I didn't get to ask her out at the party, but I've added her on Facebook this morning. Should I go straight in first message to ask her out or should I start a conversation first (on fb messenger). I would ask her out in person but she doesn't go to my school.
    Thanks guys

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

The sooner the better. The longer you go without making a move, the more she has a chance to forget the experience she had with you.

Mention that you had a great time talking about blah blah with her, you think she's interesting, and you want to meet with her. Other than that, don't go into conversation. The goal is to be with her in person. Not to have a digital pen pal. Don't beat around the bush. Tell her what you want, stand your ground, and accept the outcome.

Al123 likes this.
  3. Absolutely agree, I hate text conversations. I sent her a text just now saying it was nice to meet you etc etc. When do you think I should ask? Today, or tomorrow? I recon once this small convo ends I should ask if she wants to meet up.

4. Spoony

Spoony Fapstronaut

ask her out for a drink or to do something that you will both enjoy. even better do something that will promote a feeling in her so whenever she experiences that feeling again she will remember you

Al123 likes this.
  5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

It should've been in your first message, but do it in your reply.

Al123 likes this.
  6. Yeah I will, I just thought that doing it in the first message would put her on the spot a bit.

7. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

So what if it puts her on the spot? Don't be afraid of creating tension with her.

When you go for or express what you want it shows certainty. It shows that you value yourself. A lot of people hesitate / back pedal / beat around the bush / walk on eggshells / compensate / convince / perform / etc, because they want to be liked. When you do that you trade your value. You throw away self worth. It shows that you're uncertain with yourself and it gets other people second guessing the thought of being with you.

If a guy doesn't place a high amount of value on himself. He thinks he has to do things to get the girl to like him. When he meets a girl he’s interested in, his brain is like, “What can I do? What can I say?”

This is communicated in many ways. Eye contact, body language, vocal tonality, when you ask her out on a date, when you go for a kiss, etc. When you hesitate or are timid about it, you trade your value for the goal of being liked.

Either you get what you want or you don't. Rather than being in some half assed grey zone where nothing ever happens trying to buy more time until you gain courage.

Value yourself and what you want. Be certain of yourself and what you want. If you give that up via acting in a way you think other people will like you for, then you'll be liked for somebody who you aren't or they'll sense how fake you're behaving and that you have hidden intentions.

People do this when something is too big of a deal to them. They need that specific outcome to happen. They try to own and control something or someone. That leads to manipulation via behaving in a way they think other people will like them for. They create a hidden contract that states "if I act really nice and do all the seemingly right things and never rock the boat, then she has to like me." Follow your desires fully and leave others the freedom to choose.

Put her on the spot.

Al123 likes this.
  8. Thanks for this, very thought provoking! :)

9. I am not the worlds greatest dater but I have learned over the years JUST ASK HER OUT if she is interested she will go out with you if she is not she will give dumb excuses like ,

- I don't know you that well
    - I have to get my life together
    - I don't want to date anyone right now
    - I am married - no rings evident
    - I don't give out my phone number but I will take yours
    - you seem really nice and would make some lucky girl very happy
    - I just want to be friends - then never returns your calls and avoids you some friend

Like I said if you get any of the above MOVE ON , If a women likes you they will meet you give you there phone without any problems

TC10 and Al123 like this.
  10. Abird

Abird Fapstronaut

Just some advice: don't call it a date. Just ask if she wants to do something with you. Where you should mention an activity like drinking a cup of coffee

Al123 likes this.
  11. Thanks for your comment, I will certainly move on if I'm rejected, there's plenty more fish in the sea. I'll ask her out when she next replies to my last message.

12. Yeah I was thinking coffee too.