Am I weird for hating when friends talking about going to strip clubs or getting “call girls”

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by John_Pinter, Nov 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

Generally, most of them are driven by problems. And even the one you knew, that is 'driven' by choice, wasn't really feeling happy with being objectified.

trying to tackle this issue from an individual scale, is very counterproductive. I think the best approach is analysing the instigators of such a phenomenon. And all of them results mainly from gender roles and objectification.

2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Suffered this way? I'm not following sorry...
    Well...what can I say....I disagree with both the goal and the approach...

3. she-dernatinus

Aren't those people close family members ? Or former partners ?
    From what I've understood, their relation is pretty close to you.

4. she-dernatinus

I can garantee it's the only working approach. the best proof is to look at those alternative societies. They didn't end up with the same issues because their communities are built upon different concepts, and their basic social conditionning differs vastly from ours.

5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

They are, but expect one, none of them affected me directly causing me any suffering...
    So I kind of just witnessed stuff without being too personally involved, if that makes sense.

6. she-dernatinus

No man it doesn't make any sense. It's stark clear it has deeply affected you, in fact it's the real reason you have no sympathy for sex workers.

7. she-dernatinus

8. You're a smart dude. When are you gonna realize that arguing with a feminist is the equivalent of banging your head against a nail on the wall?

Save your breath. They're gonna bait you and report you for going off topic the moment you start to gain the upper hand in the debate.

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

But but....I love arguing....until I get tired of it of course...
    Quite possibly.... some battles is better not to fight them haahaha

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  10. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Sosuke Aizen likes this.
  11. avichetri

avichetri New Fapstronaut

I think we have to remind ourselves that the "average" is different around the world. Unfortunately for our friends in places like South East Asia, paying for sex is a common thing. Ultimately, we have to all look at the factuality of the sex industry and its damage it has caused by categorizing men and women with a more dominating and submissive role, these sex workers most likely never dreamt of being sex-workers, and I'm not going to infantize them as being solely victims but I think engaging in their career only stops them from rekindling their childhood ambitions. Although a bit of a "No-true-Scotsman"; real men don't pay for sex.

she-dernatinus likes this.