1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-depressants

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds can be really helpful in mood control, etc. Used for a long time. But they can carry harmful side effects too. I'm now looking for a non prescription supplement of some sort to replace the medicine. Yes, I already do meditation, use other self-regulating tools/behaviors too, but I'd love to know if any of you are aware of natural supplements that can be helpful in addressing anxiety---that can help calm a person. Thanks.

vowed likes this.
  2. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Yes. Look information about CBD oil. It should be the thing you are looking for. And do sports.

Ajar likes this.
  3. vowed

vowed Fapstronaut

One of the main issues is withdrawal if you want to stop or if you're forced to stop (ex. you forget to refill a prescription and have to wait 3-4 days). Some meds have some serious withdrawal symptoms...! But at the same time, regulated medication with accompaniment (ex. therapy, meditation, CBT, lowering the dose as things get better) can really change your life.

4. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Believe it or not, fasting helped me increase my mood like crazy. I really dont understand the mechanism behind it. But I really do feel a hell of a lot better. Also switching to vegeterian diet. I noticed like either of the times I would do either of these, I'd just be in a more stable mindset. It takes down my anxiety, and I just feel like talking when I'm with people. I also quit caffeine, although I did have a small cup of Joe today, I just tend to stay away from it, my overall energy levels have soared, I'm definitely not as tensed, or having panic attacks often. I feel I enjoy people a little bit more as well..

Despicable me likes this.