Any way to block websites on an Android without Rooting?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by HandClapperNoFapper, May 1, 2015.

1. HandClapperNoFapper

HandClapperNoFapper New Fapstronaut

2. crushurcravings

crushurcravings Fapstronaut

I don't know anything about that but you can delete all pictures in case that helps. Download Dolphin browser. Go into settings --> Advanced --> Load images off

I hope you'll find this useful, good luck :)

3. depo27

depo27 Fapstronaut

I use this method:

Install K9 web browser on your android phone
    Install AppBlock
    Block the phone browsers (including chrome) with AppBlock, and all the apps that could trigger you.
    Block Play Store (sorry, but if you have access to the play store, you'll be able to download other browsers which will allow you to have access to p, that's a disadvantage but in my case it doesn't affect me). And this is very important, because having access to the play store makes the k9 browser useless (there are plenty of browsers available there.)

I also suggest enabling the option that doesn't allow you to install/uninstall programs. Because if you lose your will power, you might want to download an android broswer on your pc, transfer it to your phone and install it (in order to have access to p.) But you'll still be able to uninstall programs. Just use the uninstall option on the app menu, and it will uninstall any app without Appblock's permission. But you won't be able to install any app without AppBlock's permission (even if it you have the apk file on your sd memory.)

After this, your only option for web browsing on your android phone will be K9, which is pretty good IMO. And, it's up to you what to do with the k9 browser and Appblock passwords. :D

4. trillmurphy

trillmurphy Fapstronaut

If you access your home internet router settings, it may be configuration to block certain websites. Same goes with your phone service provider, I have sprint and i know it is possible to block adult content