1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone here?

A group for male fapstronauts who are sexually attracted to both men and women.

1. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

I just joined this group but it looks like most of the posts are older. Anyone having an interesting conversation about our precarious situation?
    I’m married 46 years. I cheated on my wife 10+ years ago with my abuser who was a teacher of mine in high school. I was his go to sex guy for about 4 years. At the same time I became promiscuous with women and men. Luckily he only did bjs on me but I have to say they drove me wild. He stayed a friend after I married but wasn’t that interested after I became an adult man. Now I’m left with the memory of great sex with him. I am a dad and grandad, love my wife and will go to the grave with this conflict. I did tell my wife and kids about my SSA. My wife just wanted to know if I wanted to stay in our marriage and hasn’t brought it up since. ( I told her about it last winter) my kids/adult children were like Meh, we’re here if you need us and we love you. It’s taken a lot of pressure off but there are still times of real temptation. I guess at 70 there aren’t many interested in sex with an old guy anyway.

Atlanticus and travelalot56 like this.
  2. travelalot56

travelalot56 Fapstronaut

I have been a little disappointed with this site probably because i haven’t used it properly. I have a different story than you but fight the urges constantly.
    Chris

3. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Thanks for the post, guy! I would not count on age/time to resolve the conflict. Nothing _inherently_ unattractive about being 70, in my view. Speaking from my own experience, you just have to accept it (the double attraction): since it started so early (as it did with me) it is unlikely to go away.

You'll need a little "tolerance for ambiguity" but most of all, I think, it helps to de-dichotomize your view of sex and attraction. That either-or stuff is really not helpful or realistic. Guys in prison may feel better when they perform sex on guys referred to as "my bitch" but it doesn't change the fact that their would-be butchness has clearly crossed the line into homosexuality. The rest is just smoke and mirrors to cover their ass (no pun intended).

Personally, I think that sexual energy may be directed one way or another. It can flow in either or both ways, since ultimately it's just sexuality, i.e. a general human trait we feel towards other humans (and while women and men are somewhat different, they're not so different that they can't both excite us.

To get actualized, both homo- and hetero-sexuality do require quite a bit of conditioning. You and I were conditioned in both ways, early on. Maybe you're experiencing an 80-20 distribution; maybe it's more 60-40, but it's still just sexual energy and can flow any way it likes depending on the circumstances/conditioning. Be grateful that it's not tied to things as disgusting and unhealthy as scat, puke, or torture...like it can be for some. Even matronly Barbara Bush famously stated that she does not know any man who doesn't like oral sex!

So.... you are left with some real and hot memories of encounters early in your life with an older guy who took advantage of you over a considerable period of time; I do not want to make light of that. It's bothering you, as it should, and not just because you're married. Besides questions of "identity," there may be moral, religious, spiritual, legal, or other reasons to vainly wish for it all to "go away."

Still, narrow views of "normalcy" are unreal, in my view; sexuality does not come from the kitchen of life in only 2 distinct and narrow behaviors. Like in all of nature, there is a plethora of variation. Your experiences, like mine, may come from two non-adjacent areas on the continuum of life. Call it interesting, or a complication, or enriching, or a challenge, or a key to greater wisdom, or a pain in the neck... but if you can... relax... it's far more prevalent, human, natural and "normal" than you may have been led to believe!

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  4. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

PS: Glad it made you feel better to talk to your tribe about it -- but in my experience it's not always a good idea and, as you also say, sort of irrelevant to the nature of the "conflict" at hand. Your wife's response was spot-on, though, since it addressed the only thing she was concerned with. Lucky guy!