1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone hitting the gim for the first time?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by greenishmoon, Sep 1, 2019.

1. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I've started almost three months ago and I've noticed various improvements, but my worst enemy is how weak I feel physically (maybe I'm comparing too much) and how hard I find it to be constant with it.
    I'm going because I have always secretly wanted to be a little more muscular and because I feel my body lacks basic strenght for a man to have. Sometimes though, the lazyness just wins and that's shit.

Have you experienced this? Did you go past it?

2. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Consistency is key, make sure you stick to some basic compound movements at first and get plenty of protein.

greenishmoon likes this.
  3. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

+1
    Stick to a program of 6-8 compound movements for the first 3 years (I guess you don't want to compete in bodybuilding, so don't over complicate things).

Also, it would be a great investment to get a personal trainer, at least for 3 sessions. That will make you progress much faster and avoid eventual mistakes.

greenishmoon and DerSchütze like this.
  4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

For the laziness you just need a routine, the same time and the same days every week. As for the weakness, everyone has times when they feel weak in the gym, as long as you keep going your fine. Just make sure you are eating enough and sleeping enough.

greenishmoon and DerSchütze like this.