1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Attraction

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Onehope, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

So, most of my life I was an overweight, introverted, social anxiety quiet boy. Obviously with a descriprion like that its nothing short of a miracle Ive gotten with women.

I can count the relationships Ive had because there arent many, and ever since Ive improved in more than one way.

I have become more social, I have lost a lot of weight and continue to do so. Women say Im funny, and when I need to be serious I am. I play it cool, I dont ever show over-eagerness to date, all I do is treat women like people, just chill, talk, get to know them. I dress better, always keep mint gum in my pocket. I buy good colognes and always shave and keep my haircut.

I dont stalk them, I dont message too often, I dont talk about sentimental stuff too early, I dont pressure them to like me.

Sadly, no matter how much I improve I never seem to be liked by anyone. I make friends, sure, but to women I dont seem to be worth being anything more than friends.

Is it that some people, no matter how much they improve, will never be good enough for women?

MR_Sanji likes this.
  2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

3. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

I am and nothing's changed, not one bit.

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Most good things dont happen overnight.

Dathaniel likes this.
  5. How do you know they don't want to be anything more, are you asking them?

6. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

Their lack of interest in me speaks louder than words. A woman who is interested would at least make the attempt to seek me out, but none really do. And those who did I asked for a date and said they didnt see me that way.

Ive been rejected a lot Im afraid :(

7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Don't stress, todays modern woman and man has been indoctrinated for maximum degeneracy.

Onehope likes this.
  8. This is the answer to your own question.

All the things you've said before are fantastic qualities in a partner/boyfriend.

However; these are only good after you've built sexual attraction.
    Say it with me SEXUAL attraction.

Sex, Sex, Sex

When you're asking a girl out on a date, it's not to be "friends". You might as well be walking up to a woman and asking her directly "Hey, I was wondering if you would potentially see yourself fucking me?", this is what you're really asking. If she can't imagine you in a sexual manner, then she's not going to be interested and she's not going to see you that way.

So the question you should be asking yourself is how can I get a woman to see me that way?

Short answer is you have to act that way, you have to be somewhat sexual, masculine and desirable. If you're trying to build rapport with a woman and you're excluding any of that from the communication you're going to come up empty handed.

Finally
    Woman don't hunt, you do. You pursue and they expect to be pursued, by and large 9 times out of 10 the woman is waiting for you. It's exceedingly rare for a woman to come right out and be the one to initiate an overture, they are more afraid of being rejected than we are.

So what... it only takes one yes and boom you've got a girlfriend or a wife. If I told you you'd only get rejected 99 times and on your 100th attempt that would be the one for you would you do it? Fuck I'd do it, I'd start asking every woman I meet out until I got to 100.

Fact is it won't take you 100 attempts, go get your ass rejected off until you get your yes

9. kayesem

kayesem Fapstronaut

In England, it is the other way around.

It is not that rare. At least 1 in 100 women would approach you if you seemed approachable. Just be ready to say yes and focus on yourself.

Onehope likes this.
  10. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advices everyone, I will think about this

11. Devil's Details

Devil's Details Fapstronaut

Yes, plenty. Are you hideously ugly?

I'm guessing not, or you wouldn't have spent all this time and effort improving yourself in the first place.

Women don't just want a guy, she wants the best guy she can possibly get. As you improve yourself, your reactions will improve, but until you start coming in as close to #1 on some girl's list of options, you're not going to start getting "yes".

12. i understand were every buddy is coming from and i agree but i want to add something that i heard today to the op.
    Dont talk to a women with the mindset of getting a gf but talk to her in a mindset of is this girl worthy to hang with me.

Onehope likes this.
  13. I was out with a girl I was seeing and her friend.
    The girl I was seeing got into the back seat of my car. Her friend road upfront with me.
    My date asked me to pull over so she could get cigarettes. She got out, crossed the street and went into the store.
    I leaned over, kissed her friend, and put my hand.... Afterwards she said, "omg. You're so forward" and I said "is that good?" She was breathing heavily and whispered "yes. Yeah.. yeah it is".
    I obviously could tell she was interested in me when we first met. But had I just sat there do you think she would've tried that on me? Not in a thousand years.

As In golf, go for the cup.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2018
    Knighthawk and HipPete like this.
  14. I’m learning how to love and accept myself for who I am and I think that’s key for you too. I get depressed sometimes and think low of myself sometimes and feel like I’ll never find love, but I also realized that’s a lie and also that I need to enjoy where I am and who I am more first so I can be more ready for good things! Also I’m learning to not be so hard on myself or expect perfection before I am loveable to myself and others.

Onehope, Code Hero and kayesem like this.
  15. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

Thanks, I get periods of time where I feel extremely lonely and wonder why no one finds me attractive or worthy. But I have to stop myself from thinking that way, and just enjoy life for the good things I have and the goals I set for myself.

Whatever comes along the way it'll happen, on its own time.

Hitto and Floweringlife like this.
  16. That’s good.
    Positive affirmations can be helpful too- speaking positive things out loud helps rewire your brain I think and can help change your outlook. Like, “I am loveable, I am amazing, I am talented, I am worthy, I am attractive!” Cuz anyone can be attractive. I think it partly comes from being in a good relationship with yourself and happy with yourself and being able to see and appreciate other people in a good way and this draws people to you. Positivity builds on itself and draws people to it. Hoping for the best for you!

Onehope likes this.
  17. Be cool, aloof but interesting, make them laugh but do it almost 'unintentionally'. Do your own shit and don't think constantly 'I need to get a gf, I need to get a gf'. Don't be needy. Work on yourself and girls will happen along the way. Once you get more confident about yourself, some of those no's will eventually become yes's. You don't generally choose them - they choose you, and when it happens, they will give you signals.

I believe sense of humour is the most important quality in order to get a girl. I speak from experience - all my ex-girlfriends said they liked me because I was funny and goofy :)

18. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

I actually wake up every day, look in the mirror and say I am handsome.

I truly believe I am, just because women don't acknowledge it doesn't mean its not true.

All I care about is what I think of myself :)

19. Onehope

Onehope Fapstronaut

Ive been told Im funny, but I guess its not everything these days

20. I would be careful because that just sets you on a path to narcissism and not many ppl like that.

It won't guarantee you a girl on its own but it's a good start and a great quality to have. Keep being funny and you will get there.

Every girl is different and you can't just put them all into one mould and expect it to work 100%. A lot of times it happens when you least expect it. Once, I barely got on a bus and this girl started talking to me about something. We ended up dating and she'd left her boyfriend for me.

I mean if you want some quick satisfaction you could possibly get into that PUA bullshit, but that is just manipulating people and you need to ask yourself if that's what you really want. If you want a girl that will like you for being you or because of some cheap tricks.