1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Awareness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Cease2020, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Cease2020

Cease2020 Fapstronaut

Let us summarize our personal reasons for the abstinence to create awareness.

Me first: I want to learn how to deal with stress and emptiness without the necessary act to masturbate. I want to be more concentrated for my tasks during the day. It would benefit my mental health, career and my love relation.

punch54 and blacklabel92 like this.
  2. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

look for hobbies and activites that provide an outlet. what ur feeling is built up energy, think of a teapot on a stove. too much steam and what happens? has to go somewhere right? try something artistic, learn to play an instrument. get into a physical sport u enjoy, too lazy? try darts or pool. something.

punch54 likes this.
  3. punch54

punch54 Fapstronaut NoFap Defender

My reasons for abstaining from PMO are the same as yours + I also want to look and feel like a dignified and honorable person by knowing that I'm able to resist my sexual urges and in turn to truly be able treat people more like they're also dignified and honorable people, and to not see anyone as low at all no matter how low society may see them. For instance, homeless are often looked down upon, and so are people who have a physical dis-figuration like a missing eye, etc. I want to make sure I treat everyone like they're my equals by default.

4. Cease2020

Cease2020 Fapstronaut

Yeah I can definitely see that, I also judged people about how they looked liked and wanted people who were different to stay away from me. But the real world isnt about sex at all. Even out fantasies are bigger and more fun than our reality. I highly condemn my thoughts about having sex with imaginery sex partners, even about having them at the same time. I won't like to life in my mind but in the real world, and the real world isnt like that. Though it's sometimes inefftible when I see hot guys on street though I try not sexualize them. I just want to focus on my recovery and my relation with my boyfriend.

punch54 likes this.