1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Been tired my whole life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SDJR, Jul 28, 2022.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I pretty much am at the point where I would like to give up on everything.
    Believe it or not... The only fucking time I didn't wake up exhausted was when I drank alot. About 4-5 years ago I typically went to the bar every night and had somewhere from 5-10 drinks. I haven't drank heavily in a long time. It's like I'm hungover all the time and alcohol is the only way I feel like I'm not.
    I don't really know what to do anymore... If you always feel like shit what's the point of even living?
    I frequently think about suicide. Not in any serious way, but it's always on my mind. And the idea that I don't have to deal with this anymore is appealing.

Fasting i find does help somewhat. Eating just tires me right out. Unfortunately I have to eat sometime lol.

I don't really have hobbies. I find I'm able to read a few pages from a book here and there..most of the time I just sit down and stare. I don't even have the energy, capacity or attention to watch tv

If anyone out here has found the will to live, I would appreciate it lol.

TheLightOne likes this.
  2. RogerFM

RogerFM Fapstronaut

Bro, I've been feeling like that for a while, then I went to a doctor to do a full checkup, turns out I have low testo, low vitamins, fatty liver, my thyroid is so so, I have depression too, I thought initially it was just depression... but nope. Now I'm taking supplements, following a different eating regimen, I'm still having a lot of trouble, but, I can attribute alot of it to the new meds.

I'll let you know how I'm feeling in a month or so after the adjustment time passes. I would have myself checked if I were you. Having actual numbers pointing out the issues might give you a better understanding on your health and it removes you from the limbo of uncertainty.

3. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

This sounds familiar.

At what?

TheLightOne likes this.
  4. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

I can't say I've had anything close to what you are describing, but I did have a spell for a couple of months where I was unmanageably tired. at the end of it, it was like you had described where I just couldn't manage to do anything. Every thing I did felt like my body was a lead weight and my brain was like a computer in the 90's. I ended up figuring out it was my diet, and I was B vitamin deficient. I took some generics and it helped quite a bit, and got better over time of taking them. Then later I found another brand that was higher quality, and now I feel so much more normal. It almost reminds me of how I felt like when I was a kid. If you haven't ruled that out, I would absolutely give it a try. I'll list the brand below, but I'm sure there are others that are equal or better. If not that, maybe consider one of those blood tests that looks for any nutrient deficiency. It's a popular service these days, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a clinic that has the service close to you.

Vitamins "Natural Factors - BioCoenzymated Active B complex"

5. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Yeah I've done this..on paper I'm very healthy. Doctor even said "maybe you'll just always be tired" I'm wondering if it's chronic fatigue syndrome

6. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Sometimes just at the wall, ceiling.

7. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I'm glad that helped you. But my doctor has run tests. everything is where it should be. I guess I have no spirit? Lol
    My test levels are normal. I frequently consider taking gym locker room test but it can be so bad for you in the long run. But at the same time if this is my quality of life how do I want to even live?

The only thing I noticed that helps is fasting. I just drink coffee and water until around 1pm. I want to try skipping meals until around 3-4. This unfortunately conflicts with my body building goal lol. Life is never simple

8. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I had some friends over the other night. I had eaten some salty food so I was thirsty when they left. I had a vodka seltzer in the fridge. It was the only thing cold and refreshing I had so I drank it just before bed. Woke up with some actual energy today. I hope alcohol isn't the solution lol