1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Solitary vs. Alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mr. Catwalk Runway, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Mr. Catwalk Runway

Mr. Catwalk Runway Fapstronaut

Solitude is prized by many great minds alike.

It is very different from being lonely.

Does anyone want to point out how they are different or should I not talk about joyous solitude in this section?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I will tell you what i think:

Solitude character:Quit man/women,good person,always put yourself on last place to do favor for someone else,in most cases depressed,in most cases insecure.That is my guess.
    Alone character:In my opinion,more self confidence and better self love(always put yourself on first place) than solitude.

PrinceOtaku likes this.
  3. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

What an incredibly useful topic to look at! So many possibilities, for instance could bring up lots of investigation into into pride if it's the reason to be solitary, and the fact that solitude isn't loneliness points to the latter being a thought more even than a feeling and curiosity about how does it get so attached to the idea that my circumstances "make" me feel things. And how we can be connected without being physically close to other humans at any given moment just like how we can be lonely in a crowd. Wow, little things like how to start connected to my true self and the universe in both solitude and company of others, this is huge so cool. I'll be looking at this for a while.

4. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Being in solitude is a great way to get to know yourself. People who are alone or feel lonely are focusing on the stuff outside them that they don't have. They should be focusing on who they are, what they already have, and what they want to become/goals they want to achieve. Personally, I find solitude a great time to focus on my creator, meditate, and rest my head from all the noise I usually have around me at work, in traffic, etc.

I mean, human connection is natural, something we all need, but periods of solitude can be great if used correctly.

Mr. Catwalk Runway, I am glad you brought this up this subject. I personally value times of solitude as a chance for rest and contemplation.