1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best thing that happened to you today

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Today, starting early, I got into a great place mentally. I focused on good things, I remembered my mantra, Everything is ok, Everything is going to be ok and Everything has always been ok. I then think about the last few times I was stressed and everything turned out perfectly ok

iSpySwy likes this.
  2. Christian Fox

Christian Fox Fapstronaut

The best thing of today is coming up in an hour: playing Starcraft the board game with a bunch of friends throughout the night.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  3. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

Went to Burger King, realizing i don't like burgers anymore and want to eat as healthy as i could, so i ordered some nuggets and a chicken salat. Win.

iSpySwy and Christian Fox like this.
  4. A friend of mine is going through some difficulties in his life, his wife left him and took his children and now he is starving. He sent me a picture of his bank balance, he only had 29 cents. Sent me an audio crying the other day saying he was about to sell his ps4 that he loved, so that he can eat. No family or friends helped him. He was just alone. He is working as a security guard but he will only receive his salary next month. He lives far way from me. So today i just deposited 150 bucks on his account. I'm not working at the moment, and i needed that money, but this made my day, and his too. This was the best thing that happened to me today, and probably the best thing that happened this year for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
  5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

high five man, way to go

6. I made a mistake, and felt unpleasant consequences.

Best thing that's happened to me in a while.

First time I've been seriously challenged in terms of my addictions since I started getting clean. First time I've been seriously challenged in terms of my mental health since I started recovering. And, by not giving in and soothing the emotional impact of my mistake by acting out, the impact lingers to ensure the many lessons I've learnt from the experience are strongly imprinted in my mind.

It's a truly beautiful night.

keep fighting

7. Nice one, well done :)

8. Today i had a long talk on the phone with my grandma. We're really close, but we havent visited in awhile becauee shes been ill and not up for company, so talking on the phone was nice

9. Jal Say

Jal Say Fapstronaut

Nice.

It's still morning but I woke up and went on a walk. Nice day cuz the sky is blue and the sun is rising. Also I got to see the first flowers that I saw in the beginning of spring.

10. HoksterTy

HoksterTy Fapstronaut

My family did everything for me today because I was exhausted after I did 4 hours of training.
    I'm only a bit spoilt.
    I also had three meals and a roof above where I sleep

Christian Fox and Jal Say like this.
  11. Had a friendly chat with my parents this afternoon. I normally isolate myself even though they are great parents and I depend on them, so was good to chat.

12. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I ate a double cheeseburger from Wendy's. It was very yummy. :D

13. I wanna do that too i just don't know how. I isolate myself in my room due to depression and stuff like that and social anxiety, i can't even look my parents in the eyes i feel pathetic. I wanted to be more present and chat with them, without being weird and forced. But anyway... cheers. :)

Coffee Candy likes this.
  14. Try not to feel too pathetic man. You are not just your depression. Your parents will feel really appreciated if you talk to them about anything, it doesn’t have to be any topic in particular! :)

15. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

16. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

Good things will happen to good people. Life will pay you back my friend, probably with interest : )

17. The best thing that happened to me yesterday was having a moment where I looked at my gf and just felt love and appreciation for her being with me.

The best thing that is happening to me today (so far, it's 4:30 am) is that I've an urge to look at something that would not be good for me and I'm here writing this instead. In past years I'd start going down that road with something seemingly "innocent" only to end up in the same crappy place wondering how I got there. I'm working on changing my habits and one of the things I'm replacing pmo with is coming here to share my experiences.

Thank you for reading.

Christian Fox and ReclaimedLife like this.
  18. There are two bogs in my building. One of them is frequented by a gentleman whose lifestyle...let's just say he thinks John Waters is a serious artist. Not being homophobic- but he is a certain type of a gay gentleman, I think we all know what I'm saying, and the potential hygeine implications of that. So that one is off limits.

This morning I got up and found that the 'safe' bog was occupied, and I was touching cloth ladies and gentlemen. No way was I using the other bog. I start getting my eggs ready. The safe bog empties. I sprint to it....OH SHIT, no soap. I run to get some soap...it's down to the wire now...will some other bastard sneak in there and leave me in a serious bind? I sprint back...still empty...sigh of relief, sit down, reign down havoc on the water beneath me.

Couldn't ask for a better start to the day.

keep fighting

19. Oh the eggs aren't connected to the shitting in case anyone is wondering what kind of weird shit I'm into.

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. Haha good story though as an American I had to figure out what things mean. I really dont want to know what touch cloth means

Deleted Account likes this.