1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Hicks...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mark, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

2. This is awesome. I love Bill Hicks, but now I love him more!

Great point about advertising. I feel so much able to resist clicking on things just because of a hot girl, or over-valuing a product that somehow uses hot girls in there marketing schemes.

3. Mark

Great Carlin clip! I just came back from posting a Carlin thread and this was here...great minds!!:-D

I don't know if your aware of the band Wilco but jeff tweedy had a major addiction problem and he was genuinely worried that if he quit he would lose his ability to write, which kept him in the cycle for years! Anyway he did finally quit (I hope he's still clean?!?!) and their album, aptly titled sky blue sky (I hope I remembered that right?) is probably their best album. There's a clip somewhere in which he talks about this...

4. Mark

5. I love the Strombo interviews, he's a great interviewer! That was really interesting.

I think Stephen King talks about something similar. He wrote the Shining while recovering from alcohol addiction, but he was pretty heavy into cocaine, heroin and other stuff too. He's been clean for several decades now and I know he's still a good writer as he's ever been.

6. Mark

I like what JT said when he say he was creative "in spite" of his addiction not because of it. So true. So many people think it ls the drugs that are opening them up but I love this as it describes drugs etc perfectly...

'A lie is sweet in the beginning but bitter in the end. Truth is bitter in the beginning but sweet in the end' (I THINK that's from the Baghavad Guitar? Ha! That was supposed to say Gita but thanks to predictive txt there's a potential album title in there!!:D)

Have you ever read a book called 'the inner game of music', I'll add a link below to a post I did that mentions some ideas from it that kind of compliment it. See what you think...

http://www.nofap.org/forum/showthread.php?2532-Permission-to-Fail