1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. christopherrobin

christopherrobin Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm on day 22 and I try to do as many things as possible in order to not get bored (sports/meeting with friends/reading etc.). But some times I really have nothing to do, especially because school is over,and boredom is the worst trigger for me. Does anyone know what to do to keep their thougts off P? especially in the evening? It's my first attempt to stop fapping and I really don't want to mess it up because I try to change my life and I think nofap is a important step for my self development. If anyone has tips for me besides not getting bored I'm also very grateful. Have a nice day/evening

2. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

You are doing very well. Just keep busy every day and that should help your negative thoughts.

christopherrobin likes this.
  3. drummer2244

drummer2244 Fapstronaut

I've also found that keeping busy and avoiding boredom is key for me. I've looked at where and when I most likely PMO. I found that I was doing it mostly in bed either in the morning or right before sleep or when I was bored/stressed . So I've made it so I don't go lay down in bed during the day any more, and I keep technology out of my bedroom or at least where I can't access it in bed (across the room usually).

Honestly coming here has helped as well. Reading success stories or posting on other people's posts. Updating your journal with your thoughts and feelings.

Other ideas: take up a hobby (art, music, cooking, etc.), reading books for fun (when you aren't assigned it to read and get to pick the topic, its actually kind of enjoyable I've found), those sort of things....