Brief Introduction (Fully beginning NoFap)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by tgs005, Feb 8, 2018.

1. tgs005

tgs005 New Fapstronaut

Hi there, I'm new to this site. I discovered it on youtube while i was browsing through similar content. So here's a brief introduction about myself. I'm 21, finished college last year and i have a basic life. I started fapping in 2011 or 2012 (i was quite younger back then and still exploring my body). It wasn't a frequent thing at first (just once in a while) but sooner or later it became a habit, a really addictive habit.

From 2011 to date, i have tried abstaining from it but all attempts proved unsuccessful. At some times i could go for a whole month without doing it. Sometimes four months without fapping but i always end up relapsing.
    I decided to give NoFap a try hoping to have better success. Since a problem shared is a problem half solved, i'm hoping to solve the problem.

Thanks for listening.

Yanis likes this.
  2. Hey good luck on your journey, however I have to ask...what is your motivation, what are you trying to ultimately accomplish. Often for people on here PMO is impacting their lives negatively. From what you described you sound like you already have the strength to control yourself for months. Which is honestly more than I have yet accomplished. Personally I don't see PMO as evil, but I do need to feel I am in control (and currently don't feel like I've yet proved I am)
    But yea don't see you actually stopping unless you find a reason other than just wanting to abstain.

Yanis likes this.
  3. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

Same question like progress628: why you want to stop fapping? You don’t like it?
    Maybe there is some inner voice telling you that you don’t want to be addicted to any habit. Great!
    And only when trying not to fap for longer time you may realize how addicted you are. On the other hand we are humans and having sex is very natural. So it’s great to do the NO PMO journey and to enjoy sexual abstinence. But don’t make it your new religion. Always accept, like and love yourself. You are a wonderful person.