1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by eric9000k, Oct 5, 2020.

1. eric9000k

eric9000k Fapstronaut

Cold showers, seriously wtf
    scare the ** out of me.

Have you ever successfully completed a full cold shower? Sounds like a myth man. I mean, I'm in the best shape of my life at 32, very ripped and strong, finally even got most of the fat off my chest, like really feeling good and yet a cold shower makes me feel scared like a b**. Damn son i'd rather have a hot bath. Could it be because it's autumn now and the weather is cold? idk... I can't even have a cold shower after working construction all day in 35 degree heat (95 F), i still get home and want that hot shower. idk seems like a myth.

2. Archangel01

Archangel01 Fapstronaut

I take one every morning since about a year, but I think I'll never get used to it.
    The sense for me behind it is, that doing something almost the first thing in the morning I don't like and I wouldn't have to do, will prevent me from not doing things I know I have to do during the day, but I'd rather not do, just because I'm too lazy or I would have to get out of my comfort-zone.

3. I use cold showers for 2 years now, it will take some time (couple of months for me) for your body to get used to it, but you have to do it every Day with the coldest water(turn it to the end on your shower). I know its pretty tough in the start, but eventually your skin will create some anti bodies and you will get used to it. What really helped me-one time i was on road trip with some friends, and We were swimming in some well in the Mountain with coldest water ever, like it was around 10C maybe even less, i felt like i was going to die, but after that experience cold water from shower is pretty tame compared to that well water.

4. Ed74

Ed74 Fapstronaut

I'm on day 5 of cold showers. I can't just jump in to ice cold water but I take a normal shower then turn it cold for the last 30 seconds. OMG! I love it, maybe it's my addictive personality but the endorphins and adrenaline flowing when I get out are amazing.

5. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Cold showers make me sniff and look like i got coronavirus

Ed74 likes this.
  6. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Start cold for about two minutes. Then hot for a few minutes. Finish up on cold.

7. lonely_1

lonely_1 Fapstronaut

The problem for me is that my house is rarely heated to save money, so when I take a cold shower I will be shivering for the rest of the day.

8. Viking83

Viking83 Fapstronaut

I take cold showers every day for about 2 years now. I start my shower hot, but only do the last two minutes cold. I start with my arms, then legs, then head, chest, and back 5 to 10 seconds each. After that, i fill the rest of the two minutes.

I understand your fear, for me after two years it is still very uncomfortable for the first 1,5 minute. However, after those 90 seconds, my body has adjusted to the cold and it is ok.

Afterwards it feels great, I don't feel cold at all. Also, there are many health benefits to it. Lower resting heart rate, better heat regulation, better blood flow, much less sick. (When I do get sick, it doesn't last long).

If you are interested in benefits and techniques of cold showers / ice baths, lookup some information about Wim Hof and his methods.

9. I think, if you really want to experience and see benefit from cold showers, you got to do it freezing cold from the beggining, and on chest and stomach straight away, no fooling around with legs :) Trust me, im doing this for couple of years now and i never got cold, i always feel warm, when i go outside in t - shirt on 13-14C while everybody is wearing jackets, its very cool feeling, People night think im crazy but i dont give a damn :)

10. Oh yeah and you got to do it every Day, because body remembers cold sensation better and can respond to it by building anti bodies

11. Cold shower gives me urges sometimes personally. I avoid taking cold shower except in summer when it's like 35° outside

theCodingNerd likes this.
  12. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Cold showers are great. They can wake you up and oddly enough help you fall asleep if you take one before going to bed. Honestly once your in the water a few seconds your body adjusts and you don't notice it too much. You just have to turn it cold and get it. Commit and go for it or you won't ever get under the water.

I don't take them that often anymore but I do like to. The only thing is if you have underlying heart conditions or anything like that it's good to be careful. Shocking your body like that can have negative affects. Sounds like you're pretty fit and healthy though so you shouldn't need to worry about that.

13. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, i am new here.
    I love taking cold showers, they're great to boost testosterone and mood, somethin i need since i am a post-finasteride syndrome sufferer.
    Unfortunately, i lately developed a strange symptom, i feel weak, fatigued after cold showers. Does anyone have the same problem?

14. _usernameusername_

_usernameusername_ Fapstronaut

I unintentionally got used to cold showers starting a couple months ago.

My shower water takes 1.5+ minutes to heat up and I was sick of wasting the water, so i just started hopping in as soon as i turned it on. I start with getting my thighs wet, then I'd just dunk my head and let it run down my back. After doing it for a couple months its actually not that bad, and I think it makes my skin/hair feel better too.

The funny thing is that I dont really like hot showers anymore. If the water starts to heat up I turn it back to cold lol.