1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comfort zone challenge!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MrCharacter, Nov 22, 2016.

1. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Aim of the game:

Write down 1 to 3 tasks you're afraid of everyday and actually do it.

This could be like:
    • Approaching a cute girl
    • Talking to strangers
    • Petting a dog
    • Dancing in the middle of a mall
    • Asking a girl out

2. The |E|volutionary

The |E|volutionary Fapstronaut

Saw a fellow do this on Reddit. I'd say it was a success. I'd join this challenge with you.

Noelle likes this.
  3. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

I post it after I do the thing? And why didn't you start?

4. G'day fapstronauts
    This is an excellent challenge Mr Sruff. Everyone else, please don't start or continue petty arguments in a thread. It is unfair to the original poster. You can always confront each other on their posting habits in a private message, if you think it would be worthwhile and you have good intentions.
    Blessings

5. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Well, hang on now. There ARE girls on here TOO ya know!
    So my challenge includes asking a MAN for his number like on online dating if we have been chatting.
    And say hi AUDIBLY to a cute guy in real life.
    And get back into writing affirmations more consistently.
    Go ice skating today.

Islanders190 likes this.
  6. Haha I wasn't referring to you. I meant to write 'This is an excellent challenge MrCharacter. I wasn't paying enough attention ... o_O
    But the challenges you had for yourself are nonetheless excellent :)

7. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

I am overwhelmed with the positive response to this thread so all I can say is thank you.

This is definitely harder than I thought. Today I had set myself to compliment a girl and start a conversation with a girl but anxiety took over me. I know the only way to get rid of it is by facing it.

Tesslynne and The |E|volutionary like this.
  8. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Still have the same ones for me although after the online dating man I struck last night, not sure I even WANT to talk to ANY of them on the phone!

So my challenge includes asking a MAN for his number like on online dating if we have been chatting.
    And say hi AUDIBLY to a cute guy in real life.
    And get back into writing affirmations more consistently.
    Go ice skating on Monday - I booked myself into a 3 hour session. Don't have to do the full 3 hours and i'll probably need a pee break but the other sessions were only 50 minutes. Yes I have work the next day most likely but I just really want to get fit again. So at the MINIMUM I skate for over 50 minutes. It's in a lovely outdoor setting as my closest ice rink is being refurbished.
    I have asked some online guys about the number thing and one of the guys didn't give me his but as we've chatted a bit, he's said we should meet so I MAY have a date for drinks out on Sunday - if I doesn't chicken out and actually turns up. I haven't gotten back into affirmations yet but i DID write appreciation lists yesterday. Today is a new day!
    I'm going to a board games night tonight. It's SLIGHTLY out of my comfort zone, but i have been to that event twice before. But i can be a bit shy and it's WAY more in my comfort zone to stay home. OK here's a 4th. I don't want to do it till Monday as I already have plans for this weekend but to reply to the Hey! Vina galpal match I met for coffee and drinks last Sunday and agree about meeting again and suggest NEXT weekend. Or maybe even an evening. And keep up with the Hey! Vina swiping (it's for female friends) and updated with my messages there. I'd like to meet some more people that way.

Also I will start doing two new subliminal programs.

My brain seems to like fight any positive changes but no, I am in control this time!

9. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Can I say I really love this comfort zone challenge. It's sort of things i've been working on anyway, but this is definitely giving me that extra push, boost that I need. I went out to a meetup group again tonight but honestly to GO to it felt like it was out of my comfort zone. Because I was warm at home, cold outside. Felt a bit tired and argh I'd have to talk to strangers. Talked myself into it like OK you're hungry, you can eat there, the other events they had like that was fun. Well, I did have a good night out. Just a board games event. For some reason over the past about 2 years, they have become kinda a popular thing in my adopted city. People were very friendly too. One group started to adopt me but then a girl arrived late and the organizer said to us to make a new group. Later two guys joined us. We enjoyed the games. The first one we had to guess our partners word but we weren't able to use certain words and for the other it was sort of like a trivia game. Anyway it was fun, we had some laughs & two of the people chatted about photos they'd taken and places they've travelled. And the food WAS nice. But initially, I didn't even want to GO out and socialize. NO WAY. Glad I did though.

Awakeatlast likes this.
  10. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

[My comfort zone]

1. Study more than 4 hours a day for a week.
    2. Start the diet
    3. Least three days without coffee

I want to do all this but somehow I didn't start yet.

Tesslynne likes this.
  11. IGY

IGY Guest

This may be more than a "comfort zone" thing. Many are addicted to caffeine in the same they are addicted to nicotine. :(

12. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

For me, part of the comfort zone is giving up some things that are like security blankets but they are actually holding me back.

(1) the chatroom I relapsed in yesterday that for several years I've mostly gone in to ask for advice on guys & dating
    But it's also a trigger.

(2) possibly delete Tinder & plenty of fish. Getting fed up with the hookup requests in Tinder & being ignored on pof & need to focus more on meeting men in real life.

Uninstall by Jan unless something drastically improved

(3) maybe ditch the occasional lover man I have known since 2013 but it's clear it will never be a relationship & that's frustrating plus he's a security blanket too! When. I'm ready

13. the crow

the crow Guest

1: Getting out of bed.
    2: Getting into bed.
    3: Getting out of bed again.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Hilarious.:D:p That's exactly what I need do.

15. the crow

the crow Guest

You'll be amazed to find you can actually do it. I'm not saying it's easy, or anything, but even so...

16. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

Not now but in about 6 weeks - am spending time with a friend& doing ice skating when I can plus work most of that time.

I wanna gradually go to some singles meetups

I wanna let go of someone who it's not a good connection but I have known them most of the almost 4 years since my post-divorce break-up.

Staying away from the chatroom I relapsed in

I have a bit of social anxiety so - continuing with hey! Vina & asking out more (platonic, female potential friends) for coffee/drinks/food