1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed a 30 day reboot in a long time.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ArtPoet21, Jul 23, 2022.

1. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Hey there, just completed a 30 day reboot in a long time.

In the past, I was able to do 90 to 100 days streaks, but relapsed several times and haven't been able to do a 30 day reboot in a while. But I finally did it and I think I may have found some tools that works for me. I'd like to share them, here they are and some of my experiences.

- Just finding a physical and spiritual routine would help. When I have an urge, I'd get up and do an MMA/boxing workout, do a few push ups, do the resting squat position, lay on the floor to take a few deep breaths for a few minutes and then get up to say The Jesus Prayer, read The Bible and few other novels. Then after that, I'd go on youtube and listen To The Bible being recited in Hebrews and just meditate on that for a few minutes, then finish it off with playing my guitar.

- I also have a few other hobbies that I do such as writing and sketching.

- Getting some sunshine in the morning on my Ebike.

- Being more spiritual and reading The Bible, KJV, turning to Jesus for help.

- This one is pretty basic - exercise, do some Push ups, calisthenics, stretching, cardio, weight lifting, etc.

- This is a technique I learned when I got an urge, I call it ' The modest woman technique', whenever I get turned on or see a scantily clad dress woman on social media or whatever. I visualize and picture her dressed in a modest robe, with her head covered like the women in the Islam and early Judea faith. Then after that, I think about what I should do next to stay busy like doing a quick workout, chores, writing, reading or whatever. It gets my mind off the lust quick and get me proactive instead of lingering on the lustful thought.

- On a side note, One thing that happens to me on this journey is that I got spiritually attack by demons in my dreams. I would get weird dreams, sleep paralysis and what not. If these things happen to you, it's pretty normal. Also I got sick several times so I consider that a form of demonic attack as well. One form of demonic attack I learned is that people around you can sometimes discourage you from doing NoFap but that's what to be expected.

- Also sleeping early and having good sleeping habits is also a plus. Research those.

These are some just some of the things that's help me personally that I like to share. Hope these tips can help some of you guys, because I know it can be tough to get back on Day 30 after relapsing frequently.

Good luck.

2. Good post - some good tips in there. I like the Modest woman technique

MrBlue201 likes this.
  3. Newbro2000

Newbro2000 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tips.Very useful for begginners like me

4. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Some more tips

- Fasting is important, you should definitely fast if you feel you’re being more tempted by the outside forces that is out there.

- Go outside and get some sunshine.

5. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Very important tip - DO NOT lay down on your bed while looking/scrolling on your smartphone. This is a very popular position in which plenty of dudes relapsed.

- Also limit your screen time and try to get more hands on activities that doesn’t involve looking at screens all the time.

6. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Just a little advice….

Your smartphone can be your greatest enemy when it comes to this stuff. Lying down on your bed during the midnight hours and looking at cute girls or instagram thots with bikinis and thongs…lol …won’t help your cause.

As a matter of fact, lying down on your bed chilling with your smartphone is a dangerous position to be in and have caused numerous relapses.

Instead if you have to temptation to do this, replace it with another activity that is more productive. Instead lie down on your bed while reading a novel, chill on your bed while sketching or you can play your guitar. etc. If you’re spiritual, read the scriptures and pray.

Never lie on your bed doing nothing but looking at your smartphone, your opening pandora’s box to your eventual relapse. I should know I’ve learned this lesson way too many times.

Hello Friend and MrBlue201 like this.
  7. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks man! I like the modest woman thing too, and it has a good natured "ring" to it! Very good.

I was also surprised (and chuckled) when you talked about evil attacks/such being "pretty normal" lol!! Do you think the attacks are not noticed by most people? or do you think maybe only the most righteous get these? Less righteous? I have had some negative events going on like car trouble, I ask off work and it always rains, strange people have approached me in public etc. It got to a point recently that I repented earnestly and it seems a lot better.

I am just thinking, maybe that has happened to me too. I believe Jesus is Lord also, like you. Even so, some of these events (or dreams) can be scary right? Do you walk in confidence like psalm 23? Or do they shake you? I would be interested to hear your reply.

8. ArtOfOld

ArtOfOld Fapstronaut

9. quittingthedemiurge

quittingthedemiurge Fapstronaut

The demon thing is common, in Buddhism there is this notion to not start talking about starting on the track of enlightenment, meditation and all that, because then you let the lords of karma know what you're up to and they start flushing all your negative karma from past lives unto you. That's why there is a notion in Christianity to not let your right hand know what your let hand is doing, because if you know what you are doing: i.e. "Quitting masterbation" then the devil also know it. You need to declare your sovereignty over your spirit, your body and your soul, and forbid any nasty spirits or spirits that are wolves in sheeps clothing to bother you. Do this in your dream and have the intent in this declaration, and have the understanding that God created my soul and spirit because he saw it was good, and it would be an insult to give it to any evil spirits, or to let them do these negative things to me. These spirits can sometimes show up as Jesus Christ himself in NDE's you must simply think about whatever you need and it will happen or appear.

Next time that happens, in your dream banish them form your personal space and put a mental force-field around your soul, body and spirit.

This might sound crazy but try it next time and see if it will work.

10. ArtPoet21

ArtPoet21 Fapstronaut

Note: - Your pre bed time ritual is very important. Make sure to not use any electronics prior to before going to sleep. Take a cold shower and do some reading.

If you're religious, read your scriptures and make sure to pray before going to sleep. Do not lie down looking at the phone while on your bed.

Hello Friend likes this.