1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus Panic as a Grocery Store Worker

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by yourhomieishere, Mar 15, 2020.

1. A mask won't do much when your eyes are still uncovered. You would have to have the balls to wear goggles or a full head gas mask to work. Also, you'd need a high quality mask and you'd need to put it on correctly.

In my opinion, @yourhomieishere will probably get sick sooner or later, so you should really try to minimize contact with people outside of your family and get your family members to do the same, so spread would be minimized, helping the healthcare system a lot.

2. Perhaps, but you're decreasing the chance of getting it and that's good not to mention the fact that you protect others too. Wear a mask.

There is a reason why the whole world is shitting itself, the 'just the flu' comments are completely ridiculous. You absolutely can die of this thing even as a young and healthy person. The numbers are bs too. If you're in an area with not enough hospital beds and nobody to care for you... then it's bad.

yourhomieishere and Ju@n like this.
  3. Yeah, we are pretty screwed. Society's current actions on "flattening the curve" is not flattening it enough at all.

yourhomieishere likes this.
  4. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

Today while I was standing in line, an old woman touched me from behind accidently because she didn't even try to keep her distance from me! I was fucking furious but didn't show it. I hope I am not infected! :mad:

Ju@n likes this.
  5. Yeah, the main problem is that people don't understand the true severity of the situation, causing further spread.

Touch shouldn't be a problem as long as you wash your clothes quick and wash your body.
    It's more the fact that you guys were so close, so her breath (or if she coughs/sneezes) could transmit it to you (I think that's how it works).

Getting into a scuffle with an old lady in a line is pretty bad by society's social standards. Maybe a polite, "would you please move a bit?" or something? :p

6. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

Yeah, we are not doing a good job. This self-isolation should be all or none. It's not going to reduce the spread if all of the family stays home and one person still goes out every day and brings the germs home. I think people need to sacrifice their daily lives like everyone else so we can all be safe. It sickens me when I drive to work and still see the roads are packed with people shopping at every last store that is still open. It sickens me when I'm at work and people need to buy a bunch of junk food and full carts instead of just going out if you absolutely need food. It is safe to say that we all have sacrificed and lost stuff so it is not fair that other people are still running around, not giving stuff up and spreading the virus to those who are just out for bare essentials like food and work. People have lost their jobs, schooling/education, hobbies, sports, entertainment, movies coming out, shopping at the mall, and of upmost sadness, being able to visit friends/out of house family for a reason, to keep everyone safe. We need to respect that and all do the same if we want to all be okay. It isn't necessary to do a state lockdown if people can give up their daily lives on their own and just know to stay home, but honestly, at this point, I'm praying for a countrywide lockdown because people aren't taking this seriously and it's going to kill a lot of people if we don't act.

Ju@n likes this.
  7. Totally agree.

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Most masks don't help. The ones that do need to be fitted by a trained mask fitter.

9. jacobb1

jacobb1 Fapstronaut

So sorry to hear this, I know how it feels to be constantly worried about this virus and people around don't make me feel any better as well... I've never been to the therapy before this corona stuff. In the beginning, I was scared to get out of the house, I even left my job. It was horrible. As soon as the restrictions were a little bit more relaxed I went to a therapist. Very cute lady. She was a little bit shocked seeing me dressed with 'the full package' on, hahaha. I had the mask on, gloves and even those little bags you put on your shoes. When I tell you... I was crazy. There was a site clean4less that kept bringing up new cleaning products every day, I swear I was buying everything.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  10. so this is old but from the original post, you said something about not having soap to wash with. I might suggest learning to make your own soap(very simple to do, essentialy just lye distilled water and oil/fat) I learned to make it several months back

11. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

The way people are getting fat liposuction clinics may very well have extra fat to make soaps from... You can sell to high end department stores and make a good profit without the retail job. ;)

12. just make sure to wear disposable clothes when you raid their dumpsters

13. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Tyler bleeding over Lou saying "you don't know where I've been" takes on new gravity too.