1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DANIEL

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Daniel was one of four youths captured and brought to Babylon. The first observation of the four was that they were serious about pleasing God in all ways. Firstly, their diet was important to being a committed Israelite, which was all part of how God formed a people for himself in Old Testament times, so they feel strongly that they can’t eat the food and drink required to be eaten from the King’s Table.

In 2022 diet is not part of a Christians religion. But if we eat lots of vegetables and drink a lot of water as they did, we can fight addiction better and fulfill our purpose better.
    Secondly, Daniel is a story of a person being faithful to God. We need to be reminded that the God of the universe, the all-knowing, all-powerful, and ever-present God, wants a personal relationship with us – with each of us. God knows you, He knows your needs and your struggles, and He cares for you. He formed you. He has a purpose for your life. He wants to talk to you. He wants to walk with you. He wants to help you. He wants to be your God.

Do you want Him to be your God? To be human is to have gods and the most likely gods vying for our attention revolve around power, money, and sex. Friends, these are false gods: they demand more and more from you – and give you less and less. If they become our gods, we may find temporary pleasure, but not permanent and fulfilling purpose.

We make Almighty God our God by studying Scripture like Daniel did. He studied Scripture studiously, and God-breathed power into him through Scripture. He was also a man of great prayer. Daniel 9 says: “Then I set my face toward the Lord to make a request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.” Daily, he went to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God.

We all know how the story ends. A law was passed prohibiting the worship of anyone but the king. He kept praying and was thrown into the lion's den. Then, God saved him.

Daniel always prepared himself to be available for God to do something through him.

After he was saved from the lion's den: 25 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.

26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel went to war with false gods and he worshiped the true God. Go to war as Daniel did, and see what God will do through you.

Tao Jones likes this.