1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating advice please: Is it too soon to consider dating if I'm still recovering?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rigel7, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

So, recently I managed to schedule a date with someone I'm interested in (which is pretty cool because I've never had a date before!). Thing is, after I scheduled the date, I've started becoming worried about whether this woman would be interested in dating me if she knew I was a recovering from SA and am a recovering PMO addict. I also began to start worrying about whether I myself am ready to be dating. Granted, I met this woman at the psychology clinic I go to for therapy/counselling, so I think she knows I'm not perfect already, but I'm a little anxious.

So, what do all of you think? Do you think there is a 'too soon' period for dating when you're recovering, and if so, what signs should you look for to know when you're ready to date?

2. Frühlingstimme

Frühlingstimme Fapstronaut

you can be friends while you recover. If you're not doing hard mode, I see no problem

3. Rigel7

Rigel7 Fapstronaut

Why is there no problem if not doing hardmode? I am doing hard mode btw.

4. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I agree with the others.
    If you are in hard mode I think don't do it.
    If you are not go for it.
    I am gonna try the not hard mode well that;s what I am on ATM and see h ow it goes.

5. BigCheese

BigCheese Fapstronaut

Don't go into detail about it until some time in where you're comfortable with her and you guys have a good amount of understanding between you. The first few months of meeting a girl are really tricky, as at this point they're testing their waters with you. For now, initiate your flirtation (didn't know any other way to say it LOL), and do your thing like you would with any relationship. But be careful, cause during the reboot you'll be pretty emotionally unstable, so don't screw up and let it out on her. And if you friend zone her now you'll make her think you're uninterested and you'll lose your chance of initiating something later (personal experience). At the end of the day the choice is yours, but thats my 5 cents for ya. Good luck!