1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating apps

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by manfredswang, Nov 1, 2015.

1. manfredswang

manfredswang Fapstronaut

What are you thoughts on dating apps?

Obviously a considerable amount of NoFappers are single, and hence are looking for a real partner to fulfill their physical needs, however I've come to realise that dating apps are a HUGE trigger for me. Countless provocative photos often lead me astray. I've just deleted all of them and have vowed to just meet women in real life, despite having some success with the apps.

The apps are a huge time killer and really effect my productivity at work and just generally distract me from everything, not to mention lead me to PMO, which inturn lowers my chances of succeeding with a real women, so the cycle continues.

2. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

Dating apps are so fake to me. It feels like a catalog and that's not how human relationships work!

It's also triggerland and according to me, dating apps are a Psub.

3. ImDaniel

ImDaniel Fapstronaut

I actually found my girlfriend on a dating app and we are now together for more than 4 years. There are a lot of people who are just looking for sex but there are also serious people (it probably depends on the app you are using)
    You consider it like a catalog but if you go into a bar you also look at all the girls before you go speak to one, so we could consider a bar or a club like a women supermarket ;-)

4. Phyzik

Phyzik Fapstronaut

I'm glad they worked for you and your girlfriend! :)

Exactly, bars are also like a catalog, which is why I don't hang out there ! :p

5. manfredswang

manfredswang Fapstronaut

Psub? As in substitution for P? It's definitely triggerland for me. Day 1 of going since deleting them yesterday. I'm already craving looking at all those provocative selfies. Hence why I've come here to get back on board and inspired.

Phyzik likes this.