Deafness is not a disease people

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DanVT, Jul 27, 2015.

1. DanVT

DanVT Fapstronaut

Not upset, just still thinking about the comment that woman made in the email. I thank you all for your comments, as does Laura. She has been discriminated against in job interviews and on dating sites. I feel her sadness and anger, and I in no way am attempting to stick that on anyone here. If anything, I am being defensive on her behalf. This woman is like a sister to me.

NoBrainer likes this.
  2. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Yes Dan we totally understand! Some of us on here really do understand the situation intimately because we know people with these types of "disabilities" (hate that word!). It is a shame that she has to deal with this type of discrimination absolutely. No one is denying that for sure. It is also easy for her to get down on herself when she really shouldn't because of other peoples ignorance. This is why I thought about a specific dating site. It will help to avoid idiots and date people who are more open minded and non judgmental or people who have more experience and know deaf people or already know sign language (if this is how she communicates). One of my best friends has a progressive hearing disease. Every year his hearing gets worse and worse. He has difficulty at work, his hearing aids make going out in noisy public places nearly impossible, he mostly reads lips so when you talk to him you must turn towards him and sometimes you need to repeat things or he can't follow conversations. He finds it very difficult interacting with others that don't understand his condition. Similar with my uncle who is blind. You cannot move anything in his apartment because everything is set up in specific places etc. Anyway people discriminate all the time based on sex, race etc. It sucks. However I have also seen many people in loving relationships with "disabled" people so tell Laura that it will happen for her too! Dating is tough!

Kurapika 2 and NoBrainer like this.