1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with boredom

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by AB_100, Apr 4, 2016.

1. AB_100

AB_100 Fapstronaut

Hi Guys,

I am in a foreign country studying for a graduate program. I feel increasingly bored the days I don't go to university. What suggestions do you have to kill this boredom ?
    The place I live is boring as well. There are hardly any grocery stores around in 2 km vicinity.

2. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

Taking long walks or just having some good music to jam to really helps. If you have a camera you could go outdoors and take pictures like a foreigner.

3. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

What country? You could always find a bar and get drunk!

4. AB_100

AB_100 Fapstronaut

Bars are not an option. Good music and camera are good suggestions. I need to increase the music. There are only so many movies you can watch

handyman likes this.
  5. AB_100

AB_100 Fapstronaut

There are some meet up groups, but having no car sucks as my mobility is restricted to 5km range.

6. incredulo

incredulo Fapstronaut

where in the heck do you live. It sounds like the Sahara Desert? Why don't you write. Start writing why you joined this group. Read these testimonies and spend some time giving advise and encourage others to live a better life. Go for walks, stay away from computers, tell us what you are doing and tell us about your progress with whatever addictions you have. Get AP and start conversations. Help someone in need.

7. incredulo

incredulo Fapstronaut

Bars is not and they should not be an option. Alcohol as well as P or Mo are just as damaging to your well being

handyman likes this.
  8. AB_100

AB_100 Fapstronaut

I guess you haven't lived alone in a country whose culture is different from yours. It can be a humbling experience.

9. wanabefree

wanabefree Fapstronaut

Are there any community centres there?
    You can consider volunteering or even joining meetup groups. It's a good way to meet people and learn about their culture.