1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

dealing with sadness and loneliness.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Skywalker101, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Skywalker101

Skywalker101 Fapstronaut

I have a friend, perhaps my oldest friend. We are friends since school. We became very good friends around 2012. We were in relationship for a brief period as well. But it didn't work out due to social circumstances (caste system in India). We live in differnet cities so we interact through a messenger. She has always been there for me since the last 6-7 years. She always listens to me and guides me. I never told her about this PMO mess due to obvious reasons but knowing her, she would have supported me in this as well. She is about to get engaged to someone of her parents' choice. This means we won't be able to interact any more or won't be able to interact as we do now. I feel I have grown emotionally dependent on her. When ever I think about this, I feel anxious and lonely. I feel sad and sinking and don't know what to do. Usually, I end up going to usual PMO sites to fill that void. But, after O the feeling just get aggravated. Can you please suggest me something to deal with this?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

That pain or problem has been with you for a long time. You've just been neglecting it or distracting yourself from it. Not being able to interact with this friend anymore creates space in your life for new possibilities and relationships. Try something new. Meet new people (in person... rather than depending on someone through long distance interactions). Step outside your comfort zone and grow as a person.

This situation is probably for the best for you because you wouldn't try to explore other relationships or a new lifestyle if you continued to depend only on her for the rest of your life.

You deal with it by facing it. By doing something about it. Not escaping or distracting yourself from it.

I've had many past relationships that ended even though I never wanted it to end, but I met many more people afterwards that were different but just as amazing or even better.

3. countitjoy5

countitjoy5 Fapstronaut

It's okay to feel those things, but feeling sad, anxious or lonely shouldn't = PMO, ever. Just remind yourself that no matter how bad it gets, PMO will make it worse and increase your pain. Do you want to feel more pain? And as always, when you give into PMO it is something you want to do. You must make a solid decision that you no longer want it and begin your reboot.