1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Divine Love Can Overcome Any Temptation

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

From "Spiritual Combat" by Laurence Scupoli

CHAPTER XV.
    "Of the Fourth Aid of the Human Will. THE fourth succour of our will is Divine Love, which so aids and fortifies it, that there is nothing which it cannot do, and no passion or temptation which it cannot overcome. The way to obtain it is by praying for it, and frequently seeking it from God ; and by meditation meditating on those points, which are calculated, by the grace of God, to inflame it in [234] the earthly and human heart, which are these :
    Who is God. What and how great is His Power, His Wisdom, Goodness ; what the Divine Beauty. What God has done for man : and what, if necessary, He would yet do, With what dispositions He did it. What He does every day for man. What He will do for man hereafter in another life, if whilst he now lives he obeys His

From Chapter XXIII
    What Goodness, then, does God show in supporting the sinner, who before the eyes of His Purity and Majesty commits many sins, not once, nor twice, nor thrice, but over and over again. “I see well, O Lord (may the sinner say), that when I have sinned you have said to my heart : We will see which of the two will prevail, you in offending Me, or I in pardoning you.

SwedishViking and Tao Jones like this.

2. Wow, I JUST came across his work today. What rich resources we have access to. I have come to appreciate Catholic brothers/sisters much more these days, after seeing such resources.
    And that last sentence is beautiful!

CPilot likes this.