1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do I love this woman?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by KOD19, Jan 19, 2020.

1. KOD19

KOD19 Fapstronaut

So I ran into this girl at work while doing a presentation and it turned out she went to my school. I really didn't expect someone like her to have gone there but she did. She was 35 and single. (married and divorced a few years before). We chatted for a little bit after the presentation and I walked away having this strange feeling in my gut like "She's awesome. Go talk to her more." I literally had to stop to walking to breathe and calm myself down. I decided to ignore it b/c I had stopped dating (still using PMO) and she was 10 years older than me. I had no way to expect she would actually be interested in dating me.

Fast forward almost a year and we run into each other again on a chance encounter at work. It's a big company. We chatted a bit, got her number, and ended up hanging out the weekend with some mutual friends. It was supposed to be an hour or so. End up spending 5 hours with the group just chatting about religion and spirituality.

That's when we started hanging out more and more. All we did was talk and talk whenever we got together. The weird thing is she is not the kind of person I'm typically attracted to but her energy was just so beautiful I just loved being with her. NEver had a desire to PMO after hanging out with her. Never. I even told her about my addiction and all the symptoms I would have. And she was super understanding. My thoughts of her were not the typical sexual thoughts I had. They were super romantic and didn't even always include sex. But I was still caught up in trying not to date. I was attracted to her but felt like I shouldn't be, and kept convincing myself she doesn't like me even though she was spending all this time with me.J ust kept convincing myself there was no way what I was experiencing was real. Saying that how could we be together and have kids, raise a family if she's already 35. I'm 25 and no where near ready for something like that. How do I tell my family that I'm dating someone like this and she's older than my oldest sister. I just didn't know how I would tackle these situations and convinced myself not to act.

It turns out she liked me the whole time. I just moved away and I finally told her how I felt the last night I was there. Since I took too long to do anything, she thought I friend zoned her and started seeing someone else. I felt like complete shit. Like all the signs were there but I didn't act on it.

My question for the group is: Do I love her? What feelings am I having toward her? Do I know her well enough to love her? My first attraction to her was her personality, not necessarily her looks. It was like she got prettier and prettier the more I hung out with her. When ever I think about her it's like all the stress in my body goes away. My first thought when I see or think about her is "I hope she's okay." or "I just want to take care of her like she does for some many people" or just hugging her and putting my forehead to hers.

Another question is has anyone found their SO while NoFap? How did you know to pursue her/him? Were the feelings the same as the ones I described up above?
    Oh and to clarify, I had these feelings while still PMOing. I didn't PMO on days when I hung out with her just because I didn't feel the need to. We had such a good connection I didn't feel like connecting with my computer screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Stay lifted Fapstronauts