1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a pet and does it help you not to feel lonely?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Nov 8, 2020.

1. i will be grateful if anyone shares his/her experience.

Toni7 and Michela F like this.
  2. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I don't have one now, at least not close to me, but I can tell you it helps a lot, and I miss my little buddy more than I miss the rest of my family while living abroad hahaha

mr.mistakeful, Toni7 and Michela F like this.
  3. Michela F

Michela F Fapstronaut

I feel lonely too

mr.mistakeful, Roady and Toni7 like this.
  4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I got a dog and she helped me a lot, with learning to enjoy my own company. She also helped me with self discipline as I had to walk her and feed her daily no matter what.

mr.mistakeful, Roady and Toni7 like this.
  5. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I did have pet. He fulfiled our fammly. He was the sweatest little buddy of mine. And he was so special. Then evil man posioned all the cats in neighborhood and my Riki was the victem. I feel empty now without him.. but I honor him every day and hope I will see him once again when I die. I decide to fight for him and all poor innocent beings.
    20190402_151220.jpg

6. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Oh crap man that’s so sad. Did they ever catch the guy?

Toni7 likes this.
  7. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I wasn't so sure what happened at first. But after only one guy could cross my mind. And I stop him and ask few qouestions. He trethend to kill me. So I went to police and court. But nothing really happening. I'm sad that I didn't do something before. Now he is gone. But I'm still fighting.

mr.mistakeful and Roady like this.
  8. I have a betta that I find myself talking to. Lol He seems like he listens so it's nice.

9. Sorry to hear that buddy.

Toni7 likes this.
  10. Prurient Polymath

Prurient Polymath New Fapstronaut

I have a dog and she absolutely makes me feel less lonely.

Having to go for walks and out in nature every day no matter the weather really helps me feel better. The commitment should be considered carefully. It's a lot of work and costs quite a lot, and you won't be able to travel and work in the same way as if you didn't have one. It's not for everyone.

Toni7 and mr.mistakeful like this.
  11. That means everything costs and we should pay for it, being lonely and not being lonely, doesn't matter.

Toni7 likes this.
  12. powell1

powell1 New Fapstronaut

Yeah, i have a dog. My mom brought him to me at my birthday when i was 12. He is my best friend.

13. newstartolife

newstartolife Fapstronaut

No because of my allergies. If I did get one, it would have to be a naked mole rat or a hairless pigeon. It would just look disgusting.

14. I have a cat. She's super dumb and the thing I've ever loved the most. Her ears are crooked because when we got her from the shelter in 2011, she was treated for scabies. She's not affectionate at all, she hates us except my sister, she's 15 years old, she vomits everywhere, she had ringworm in 2019 and now has a scar above her eye. I love her so much. Her name is Muse, because of the band

15. I’m allergic to dogs. I break out in hives, struggle to breathe, eyes water, the whole lot. Then one day I remembered when I was growing up, my grandma had a dog who I was fine around. 2 weeks after that revelation I went to see some puppies of that specific breed and was fine. Took one home with me and she’s been with me since April. No reaction what so ever. And she’s not even one of these hypoallergenic dogs, she’s a border collie. If you’re keen on getting a pet, maybe try and expose yourself to different breeds and see how you get on.

Here’s the creature in question

upload_2020-11-19_11-16-33.jpeg

MrBlue201, Toni7 and mr.mistakeful like this.