Doing what you need to do

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 30, 2020.

1. I know that to find peace of mind I need to do what is needed, like in the navy I have tons of qualifications I need to do, but I have so little free time the last thing I want to do is study, how can I learn to prioritize extra work over fun?.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  2. Change your mindset. You keep saying: I need to do this. Start saying: I want to do this. If your brain is convinced it was not a choice you freely made, then it will rebel and put resistance. No one likes to be the victim of circumstance. Changing self-talk can help make us aware of our autonomy. Of course, it has to be real so convince yourself this is what you really want, or it won't work.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  3. Why dont you want to study?

4. It’s boring

5. Then may be studying is not for you. Go a couple of months without studying, or drop out of college (I did and later returned), and see how it affects your life. You may be surprised.

I don't have to like something in order to do it. But I do have to be convinced it is something I want to do (whether I enjoy it or not) otherwise my brain will resist. There are many things I do, yet I don't enjoy, because they help me in some way.