1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Interpretation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Emerald Dragon, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Fapstronaut

I had an erection through most of the night, and my dream was this. I was in a group home with Harley Quinn and random people. I was courting Harley Quinn, who had powerful dark magic and ruled the house. But I had a strength about me as well although I couldn't identify what it was. Harley Quinn showed an interest to me but I knew that her true love was the Joker. Next door in another group home, my sister, Arya Stark, lived there and I was trying to reconnect with her, but I witnessed Arya use her own variation of dark magic to bypass Harley Quinn's wards. I saw an illusion that while she was whispering a spell to nullify Harley's ward and go outside, I saw that horns appeared on her head like antlers, and her face was altered in a tiny way. Then she finished her magic, appeared normal, and she was able to go outside bypassing Harley's ward. Harley saw this as well and was very impressed.

So that was the dream. And I was very horny throughout most of the night, in a half asleep half awake state and aware of my erection most of the time. I was even rubbing it against the pillow between my legs at some points which felt really good. I wonder if I had this erection as a result to my dream, or if I had this dream as a result to my erection? I surmise the romantic (and sexual) implications was toward Harley Quinn, a figure devoted to another. Also, I felt powerful in this dream in some way I can't explain, but when I woke up to reality I feel as though I am so weak. What significance does this power shift have? I would love it if some people would help me interpret this dream a bit more.

Despite my rock hard erection through most of the night, I still managed to abstain from PMO.

Keep in mind as we interpret the dream, I identify as a gay male, and my sex life is mostly with men, but I am not exclusive; I have attempted to and have had sex with women before. The most relative term for my sexuality is Homoflexible (gay but not exclusive).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  2. ShiningMoon88

ShiningMoon88 Fapstronaut

I had a dream that North Korea nuked New York City. The only problem being that I was in New York City. I think that it was guilt over jerking off to really gay stuff.

3. dragonaire

dragonaire Fapstronaut

For what you said, this is a simple case of escapism thru mainstream fantasy:

answer1.png

4. Most of this is from the internet, but here it goes...

"To perform or dream of magic suggests that you need to look at things from a different view or approach your problems from a new angle in order to successfully move forward."

"To see your sister in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister."

"To see antlers in your dream, are representative of masculine sexuality, male aggression and assertiveness. It may also be symbolic of a trophy or prize."

"To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self."

"To dream that you live in a group home (but you don't really live in one in real life) means that you are becoming too dependent on others. You need to take responsibility and control of your own life."

I would argue that having an erection during your dream or your personal sexual preferences has little to do with the dream itself. It sounds like you might have a problem that you are dealing with that needs a different way to solve for it. Perhaps this is a family problem or a problem with a friend of yours. It could also be a problem where you are having to rely on others for support (Group Home). The horns/antlers I feel represent you and your masculinity. I don't read much into the fact that all the characters in your dream happen all be female. I think that these are character that have qualities that you like or admire and thus are good messengers for your dream.

I hope this helps.

5. Emerald Dragon

Thank you guys for your input! I feel like Robbie really hit the mark and I will really consider his interpretations. Although I don't have a sister in real life, maybe someone plays that role who also represents masculine sexuality is my romantic interest (I'll call him Tito). He wants to be friends and develop the relationship into something more. Maybe he is represented as my sister because of his view of strengthening a bond, but also is represented with antlers because of his masculinity. Arya Stark is performing a magic spell to get past Harley Quinn's ward; I would surmise this as a breakthrough we have reached since I have been counseling him. Ultimately, I feel like my counseling was a success, as Arya Stark steps out passed the ward, Tito has opened his mind to the bigger picture and now has a clear set direction in his path of life.

I also believe I know who Harley Quinn represents as well. I have a friend with benefits (I'll call him Dremond). His situation is this, he is in an open relationship with his significant other with a don't ask don't tell boundary, so even though we have sex, he will truly always be dedicated to someone else (Joker). Also from this perspective, it could also mean that Arya Stark, breaking through Harley Quinn's ward, may also mean that our relationship will still move forward despite me having a friends with benefit. That I could continue to court Harley Quinn, and she will play along, but her heart will always belong to Joker. Seems pretty accurate.

As for the group home, in the past I used to feel inadequate because I wasn't independent enough. I feel as though I have moved passed this thinking, maybe there's still a trace of it in my subconscious? Even if that is the case, I feel that it is completely ineffective now to my state of being.

I feel that I reject Dragonaire's interpretation because I don't believe dreams are a form of escape, but instead are tokens of insight on matters of one's life. I feel there is a lot of wisdom to be had from dreams, rather than a dream being just as a sort of entertainment.

Thank you Dragonaire and Robbie321 for your insights, and would love to have you guys help me interpret dreams again in the future. I'll update this thread and make this my dream journal. I've noticed that I've been having numerous dreams since abstaining from PMO.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. Mushroom head=/=Mushroom cloud.

It all makes sense.

7. ElectroChill

ElectroChill Fapstronaut

From reading your dream the following questions occurs to me:

Are you lonely?
    Are you interested in someone who already has a partner?

8. Emerald Dragon

No, not lonely. Would love to have more sex, though. And I am currently in a situation where my friend with benefits already has a partner. So we have sex, but it'll never be more than that.

Also, if anyone else has dreams they would like interpreting, please feel free to post.

9. Emerald Dragon

Ok, so here's round two for dream interpretations. This dream felt kind of long so I will just sum it up.

In this dream, I had a friend named Nava, whom in real life is a Marine that blogs on youtube. I used to watch his videos and comment on them, and he has replied to y comments before. In this dream we were friends in real life, and we were hanging around in my complex. On the way to get drunk at my place, we stopped by a bakery in my apartment. It was some holiday or special occasion or something, so I decided to get us something. It's harder to remember the details, but I bought like half a chocolate chip cookie and bought him like a sugar cookie with pink glitter. Just these two things came out really expensive, like 5 dollars plus, but my step dad came and paid for it. So we are on the way to my apartment, Nava is drunk off his ass, it is night time. There is a kid in my neighborhood and, a black man or a white man older than me or my age (sometimes I would see him represented as a white man, other times a black man, but I think they are the same person) or are extremely prejudice towards me. They had a very evil, prejudiced mentality that is hard for me to describe. If I had to describe it, I guess it is the kind of prejudice that people of radical Islam are towards gay men. Somehow we are on the roof of a tall complex. The kid spits on me and I lock his arms (I wasn't hurting him) and I was asking him why he did that. I was angry, but I wasn't hurting him. Then that man, white male or black man, was triggered and pushed me towards the edge and threatened to push me off. I don't remember being pushed off, but I believe this was the end of the dream. Nothing really got resolved. I don't know where to start with this one.