1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Eleven Things Everybody Needs To Do! Because Everybody Deserves A Healthy Strong Mind!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Divine, Dec 14, 2015.

Did you like this? If so, I will add more self-improvement tips.

1. Yeah

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Divine

Divine Fapstronaut

ONE
    EXERCISE!!!
    Don't underestimate exercise and moving around.​

Exercising is the best thing you will do for yourself.

Physiologically, mentally, and physically.

Exercising highers your self-esteem and stress management. You produce feel-good hormones during your long sessions. Physical activity also provides mental health benefits by improving your self-image as you take the positive initiative to care for yourself.

You will also give yourself more energy, as exercising increases your muscle increased strength and endurance.

TWO
    Talking to yourself.​

These is another thing that most people underestimates, giving yourself a talk can release some inner conflicts when you feel overwhelmed or helpless.

1. Give yourself a shout out. You are you, and you can appreciate you that is you.

2. Giving yourself a pep talk. Be your motivational speaker.

3. Less angry. Blow out some steam. When someone or something got you pissed, and you're not the person to confront someone. Talk to yourself how mad you were at the situation. Assure yourself. Self-assurance.

4. You can debate your conversations. You feel like you are talking to another person, and you can evaluate the pros and cons of each situation.

5. Understand your thoughts better. We can be sure that we think one way, but your psyche thinks another. For example, where you crying about something you didn't know was wrong? That's your subconscious telling you and letting you know.

6. Rehearsing a difficult situation. You can practice on what you say clearly and without anger. And put you in a much better position when you communicate with the issue. *

7. Boosting your memory.

8. Shake off stress and anxiety. *

9. Improve attention span and concentration. Especially helpful for people with ADD/ADHD and OCD. Or both. In my case, I have both. *

(I derived it from this source here: http://spiritualityhealth.com/articles/9-surprising-benefits-talking-yourself)

THREE
    Be grateful for what you have.​

There is a thread out there called: The Gratitude Attitude Challenge.

http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-gratitude-attitude-challenge.47771/

Image below was derived from this thread, thanks Bushido.

(EDIT: Another thing I wanted to point out, but I haven't done it until so late, was that there is no trade-off in this.
    Just because you are grateful for what you have, doesn't mean timidness. People tend to make this mistake.)

[​IMG]

FOUR
    Express optimism.​

Kind of the same as gratitude. Look on the bright side of everything. No matter how traumatizing, or sad it is.

For example, your arm was caught off. But, be glad you still got your other arm and have 2 legs.
    Maybe you're going to get a badass prosthetic robotic arm.

Mumbo jumbo. Apply your ideas on any distressing situation.

This can also go for comforting situations, as well.

FIVE

Now, if you do have a traumatizing or sad issue. Always talk to someone.​

For number Eleven, how I am going to mention that no matter how bad your situation, there is always going to be someone in the world that has it worse than you.

It doesn't mean your situation isn't any less traumatic, or important.

And no matter how small or big your issue is, if it is bothering you.

TALK TO SOMEONE!

Make sure that person is understanding, because not everyone is.

This is my next one.

(PS: If you're dealing with a personal issue, you can always feel free to talk to me :))

SIX

YOU NEED to be understanding of people. Have an open-minded conversation. This will make them have a nice respected ongoing conversation with you. Likely-hood, you will make a great friend and have a difference in someone else's life.

You can put yourself in a better position in a conversation by practicing Number Two.

SEVEN
    Don't think too much of yourself.
    Sometimes, this will give your brain some time to point out depressing subjects and insecurity about yourself.
    Think about other people. Give a hug to someone who needs it, or just simply say "You look pretty".
    Eleven will explain this alot.

And as well is it giving you some time to thing, it will bring up some situations you probably regret. Listen to my motto
    "Don't dwell the past, live the present, and fix the future".

EIGHT

You shouldn't sugarcoat anything, especially if it is an unhealthy behavior. Be blunt and provocative to yourself, and other people. Make sure it is still appropriate for the situation, though.

NINE

As well as not sugarcoating it, do not suppress your emotions either. Let it all out right away, and handle your emotions the right way. Don't get angry, but cry. Cry it all out.

And if you're a boy, don't listen to that fucking shit, "boys don't cry". Because that shit is fucking toxic, there is no benefit or advantage of doing so. Be more human.. and let it all out.

TEN

Oh, and this will sound corny as hell. But if someone is talking shit about you or annoying you. Ignore them, and don't take it personally. If they constantly bother you, you can try rehearsing what you say to him next time. Don't attack him directly, but point out his flaws and stupidity in a nice calm confident manner.

And mentioned in Eleven, if you help out and express kindness to many people (in real life), you will have many on your side. And they will root for you.

[Be careful, don't ever attempt to start a fight, unless you got a super legitimate reason to.. ask yourself, will I benefit from this?]

And another advice, don't ever get defensive in a roast.

ELEVEN
    Last but not least, give back.​

Help other people on here. Congratulate them, motivate them, anything you can do that gives off positive energy.

You will not regret it. And guess what? It's free. So, get your ass out there and help some fellow peers.

And, take some of these context and apply in real life, help the people in need.

No matter how shitty your life is... I don't fucking care... how shitty your life... there is always going to be someone with a shittier life than you.

Yeah, you probably think you feel helpless and explosive and shit.. but come to the terms, and accept the fact that you only felt 0.01% of what other people may have experienced.

Think about this. Talk to yourself about this.

What you can do to start by giving back, is by helping your mama out with the chores around the house. Give her a hug. Be grateful that you live under the roof, and have access to your electronics.

See an old lady having some trouble with mowing the lawn? Help her out. Don't ask for money.. and don't take it even if she offers it.

Because you never know, good things will happen that are much greater than the money. Money talks, but greatness walks.

It does good things to your head mentally, and spiritually.

Someone will be impressed with your random act of kindness, and would express you with respect, fortitude, bravery, and integrity. You might experience a greater reward. :)

FOR THE VIDEO BELOW:

Wait until the dark-haired lady comes up. You should obviously admire her gratitude, strength, kindness, humility, and courage.

And hey, you never know. She didn't know she was in on a social experiment. Which is a ton of respect from a bunch of people around the world.

Don't hope on too much on this. The public is usually not going to see it. But the person you helped will, and respect you.
    But remember, doing good things release endorphin (feel-good chemicals) in the brain. So it is stil worth it.

FOR THE READERS:

There are probably more self-improvement I can add. But at the moment, I can't think of anymore. Also if there is any mistakes in these, please let me know.
    I will also be answering your questions in the comments.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Brilliant! May The Devine be in your help, for the Devine is the best helper! Stay strong! Win!

3. DIVINE WHAT A BRILLIANT THREAD!

KEEP EM COMIN COMRADE!

Divine and taqwa like this.
  4. Great post.
    Apart from the video with the "homeless" guy, this:
    was the most important part for me.
    I am always thinking about myself and myself only, because I always thought it shouldn't matter what other people think about me - and actually it doesn't - but I had it the wrong way round: I created an invisible shield around me, so that no one could get through. Instead I should do good things for other people and not focus on the outcome or what anybody else thinks.
    Thank you for your input.

5. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

@Divine, thanks for making this post.
    A lot of useful information, do you use that app?