1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Escaping the doomer mentality

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mr Habits!, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Mr Habits!

Mr Habits! Fapstronaut

( This is a more or less daily log on my improvement path ) My story: I sincerely never thought I'd be back here. But unfortunately I think I've developed some neurotic traits and got back on track today after hitting rock bottom. Curious thing is, I should've been more careful with philosophy ( I read too much dark philosophy too fast ) but I've gotten way better after I decided to stop dreaming with alternate fantasies and embraced my situation and quit reading philosophy for 3 months ( and surprisingly, I was more effective at solving problems by trusting myself than to always go to 300 year old philosohers ). If anyone has had neurotic/overthinking/problems of any kind with philosophy I'd love to help. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

GrittyRunning likes this.
  2. Which philosophies do you think are best avoided?

3. I'm not a doomer per se but I have a very cynical, negative mindset and have a tendency to sabotage myself into depression. It's hard not to feel like this sometimes, even when I do what I can to feel happy/fulfilled.

Leanmaxxing likes this.
  4. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Isolation breeds this mentality in my experience. I’m in the same rut. Working all the time also stress me out. I’m not used to this. Idk how normies accepts working all the time. Maybe I’ll just get used it? Damn it sucks… fml