1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Every couple has ups and downs"

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Purity Power, Dec 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Purity Power

Purity Power Fapstronaut

And the man is supposed to be that rock where the woman's emotional waves can crash into somehow ?

Can I ask you this question: what is the biggest thing you may have forgiven to your partner (man or woman) ? Has the situation gotten better ?

Can't I just live in great bliss with exponential joy as I keep on an exploratory journey with my potential SO without this melodramatic 'roller coaster' ?

2. johnmicormick

johnmicormick Fapstronaut

If you don’t consistently make each other happy, and arguments/recurring problems are never talked about, dealt with it’s time to hit the road

3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Forgiveness usually requires remorse. Does she realise how she is making you feel, does she regret it and is she committed to improving the way you interact? Are you committed to helping her make this change, realising how hard it is to break these habits and being forgiving of her slip ups along the way?

Don't worry too much about what men are 'supposed' to be like, or women for that matter. Work out what works for you (both). Nothing is insurmountable, if you are both willing to put the effort in. Best of luck!