1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Family

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sinbad, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

I went to visit my grandparents for the first time in twenty years! Wow.
    Thank you @NoFap! Thank you for the courage to make the step. Thank you for the self-confidence.
    We agreed I'll call them next week.
    The closer I got there, it started looking like a dream, entering a trance state.
    So nervous, so energetic, breathing heavy. When I entered the town where my family lives, it felt like coming home... I became euphoric.
    I'm happy I saw them, that I didn't come too late. They're over 80 years old.
    I also met a cousin. I hope we can be friends again.

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Great to hear it worked out, if more people were closer to their family I definitely believe the planet would be alot more peaceful, but alot of people seem to hold onto many bad images of what parents, grandparents, etc were like as children growing up, when as adults things are a much different story.

Sinbad likes this.
  3. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

It wasn't so much what they did. But what I did. I went the wrong way as a teenager. And all these years I was scared to face them. My life still isn't perfect. But I couldn't wait anymore. Time's ticking away.
    I can see the link you make between a closer family and a more peaceful planet. I still store resentment towards my father. I don't know how I'll get over that. But I'll work on it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

bro especially your last sentence...I still store....dude I am in the same boat. I have no idea how I will go on to leave a healthy life having such resentment and anger over my dad. idk how I'll deal with it..

Sinbad likes this.
  5. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

I'm looking for articles on the subject of forgiveness, moving on. Same as with handling pmo addiction, gathering information is probably a good place to start. Let's put the internet to good use for a change. Good luck to you.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

for me, the way I think is that, if some one causes me hurt deliberately, they have to suffer. There is no gng around it. Life doesn't make sense if I was to not do anything to the person that hurt me, it might be burning me inside, I don't care. I have plans for him.

Sinbad likes this.
  7. celery_tree

celery_tree Fapstronaut

That's downright heartwarming to read. A wholehearted congrats to you.

Sinbad likes this.
  8. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

Through forgiveness I'm looking for peace. I have to move on before I can enjoy life.
    Thank you kindly.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  9. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

"Welcome back to the family." Those kind words I've been lucky to hear my grandfather say today. Now I'll have to work hard to keep them true.
    I met my uncle and aunt too. We're meeting again soon.
    I'm collecting phone numbers, of people I love. Dear NoFap, my heart is healing.

Deleted Account likes this.