1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat loss journal.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by born3, Jan 10, 2024.

1. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

I have been using the gym consistently now since the end of September. I have got in pretty decent shape but would now like to dedicate some time to fat loss. Tomorrow morning I will do my measurements and weigh in. I will be weighing everyday. I was tracking nutrition for a while but stopped, I'm thinking I will start at 2000 calories a day and see where that takes me. I am splitting that into 190g of protein, 140g of carbs and 75g of fat.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    ✘ ✘ likes this.
  2. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

How long have you been doing that?

3. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Todays measurements - Body weight 193lbs, navel measurement 39.5in.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  4. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

All the best with everything. Hopefully you can get back to some sort of training at some point.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  5. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Today did not go the best, I ended up eating more food then I had planned. I know where things went wrong, I ate too much of my food earlier on in the day. Tomorrow I will eat less food in the first half of the day and save it for the second half. I am not even that hungry in the morning anyway, I did think about intermittent fasting as that works really well for me so I will just see how things go over the next few days. I don't mind making mistakes as long as I don't have to keep repeating them.

Today was a rest day so I am looking forward to getting to the gym tomorrow, I have vertical push and pull.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  6. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 190lb.

I know I have not lost 3lbs, the idea of daily weighing is to get an average for the week. Weight can fluctuate so I will see where I am at the end of 7 days. Trying to learn from yesterdays experience I will try and save some of the food for later in the day, the only issue with that I will be going to the gym this morning so will need a decent amount of before and after. I am determined to have a better day today.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
    ✘ ✘ likes this.
  7. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 189.5.

Yesterday was a better day, I did not have the same cravings as the day before and I think I got things right. A couple of things, one is I had less whey protein and tried to rely more on real food to hit my protein requirements. I will do the same today. The other is I did better at saving my calories for later in the day.

I had a really good gym session yesterday and feel I am progressing most sessions. Looking forward to todays session. I have been training later in the day the last week rather that very early in the morning, it is much better for a performance point of view and I get a killer pump as I have more carbs in my system later in the day.

I just need to stick at it, it is very easy for me to fall off but I need to keep at the forefront of my mind that I really want want to get in better shape for multiple reasons. I want to achieve it in the first third of the year.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  8. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Yeah I do the same. I am trying to get away from it then too. I did it today, I felt much better. I ate food both pre and post workout.
    100%

✘ ✘ likes this.
  9. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 188.5 lbs.

Yesterday was a better day again apart from a had a small unplanned sweet snack in the evening which was totally avoidable. It is more the fact I had it unplanned but hey, I need to learn and move on. I have to practice saying no to those things in the same way I say no to lust these days.

Eating actual food pre and post workout was a new experience for me and one I will try and stick to, it is a bit tricky in terms of avoiding fat in those meals but totally doable. I am also thinking of intermittent fasting on my rest days but won't do that until after the first two weeks as I want to see how what I am doing works on its own for now.

Also I have not been tracking as much as I planned but I am ok with that for the moment.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  10. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 188.5 lbs.

Yesterday went well from an eating point of view. Today I am resting so going to eat much less in the first half of the day then I usually would. I will see how that goes.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  11. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 188.5 lbs.

Things are going fairly well I feel. I am not tracking as much as I should be but I am ok with that. I feel that there has been some good change in my body the last few days, muscles are popping more. There could be some re composition going on due to my training time change and the way I am eating, it will be interesting to see what my navel measurement looks like on Wednesday. Training is going well and I really enjoy training later with some good food in me. I have been getting a ridiculous pump and I can do way more quality work in the session.

My head feels in a good place with food from an addiction point of view too, I am not really craving anything. I will be training later on this morning and feel good after a rest yesterday, well a rest from the gym. I did a few hours of pruning some trees with hand tools!

✘ ✘ likes this.
  12. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 187.75lb ( average for the week is 189.39) navel measurement 39in ( down 0.5in).

I am happy with the results of the week. I could of done much better, I did hardly any tracking so my macro target went out the window. I did much less physical activity due to not working and no gym cardio, I like to do an incline walk after my weights here and there.

The main thing is I have cut out the crap this week. The next thing is getting away from whey pre and post workout for the most of the time and eating food, my body has responded well to this. Also I have been training later rather than 5.30am, this has allowed me to get a much better more intense session.

I feel motivated to have another good week which is very helpful, I know it will get tougher down the road when my mind starts wavering.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  13. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

I just realized that I will be coming off creatine for a bit so will expect some water weight drop this week.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  14. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 188.5lbs.

I tweaked my lower back yesterday morning, nothing too bad but I will give the gym a miss for a few days. I will use this time to focus a bit more on good nutrition. I have been neglecting hip mobility and this is what has caused my lower back issue. It has been fairly good the last couple of years but I really need to build that hip mobility into my day. Hopefully lessons learned.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  15. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Not having the day I wanted to have nutritionally, had some treats today. Need to do better tomorrow.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  16. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 189.5lbs.

I need to have a better day today. Yesterday was not good nutritionally and I hardly moved because of my back. I don't do well when I can't be active, I need a least a good long walk. The temptation is just to have a crap weekend of eating but I need to remind myself that it won't do me any good and I will only regret it, worse I will have to dig in to start again, which is not easy.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  17. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Body weight 190lbs.

My lower back is still not great, very little activity and nutrition is not good. I did intermittent fast yesterday though and will do the same today.

✘ ✘ likes this.
  18. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

100%. I find it difficult to do as I have an issue with food. Its probably about parallel with PMO and at one point in time it was completely intertwined with it. They feel totally separate these days which make things easier. But the food one runs deep as it goes back even further than PMO. I am in a much much better place with both of them these days thankfully. I feel further along with my relationship with PMO, sex and lust. I now see what is between my legs as something for sex with someone you love, reproduction and urination. I became willing to let using it just for my own pleasure go. I have some work to do on the food one.

Btw I wont be online as much so will be posting twice a week instead. Thanks for interacting with me here, its appreciated.

✘ ✘ likes this.